x

How do I add a flat rate for shipping in my new Square Online site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Flat rate shipping in new online store]

Can’t find any threads addressing the new online store with shipping issues- I’m trying to keep my flat rate shipping cost always applied to orders that i had with the old store, until I can get all the extra accounts and costs associated set up with the various carriers to function smoothly in the new store. The new online store automatically took away my flat rate shipping and now I’m losing $$ on orders! I can’t find where/how to instate a flat rate. 
halp!

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

To get you started you can edit your shipping here: Store > Setup > Shipping, you will need to add a region, and then edit the region to add a flat rate.

Feel free to take a look at this help article here as well.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Admin

This post was updated in 2020.

Hey @bfcoffee!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Update: To add a flat rate shipping fee to the Square Online Store: Store > Setup > Shipping, you will need to add a region, and then edit the region to add a flat rate.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 46

Hi- thanks Isabelle. Unfortunately, these links and instructions go to the old online store setup, and I'm looking for the new, Weebly storefront info that square encouraged me to move towards. I had it set up just fine this way in the old format but I can't find it in the new stuff.

Thanks

Message 3 of 46
Beta Member

@isabelle , one of the biggest problems I’m having with the new online store is that another shipping option wasn’t carried over to the new free online store. Since I can’t use the calculated rate option (you charge extra for that) I would like to use the same option I used on the old store — $xx per order plus $xx per item. 
right now it seems you can only do one or the other, unless I missed something?

Message 4 of 46

Hey, thanks for asking! You may want to follow up more with our Weebly partners on their side, but I do know that shipping is in Store > Setup > Shipping rather than in Website > Site Settings

You can check out more here: https://www.weebly.com/app/help/us/en/topics/set-up-shipping-areas-and-rates

I have also merged your post with another one that has similar questions so you guys can build your answers off each other. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 5 of 46

Ah thank you- that worked. Finding the shipping editing wasn't an issue, but figuring out how to charge a flat rate was- it was simple with your directions. That "choose a destination" thing looked a bit overwhelming- I didn't realize it was as broad as a whole country! But it was simple to just choose "United States and Territories, select "Flat Rate", and set it. Problem solved, and now I'm off to set up all the individual carrier accounts and connect them so I can streamline and save money on shipping. Thanks for this whole shipping integration setup- I've wanted to do this for awhile, and wasn't satisfied with order fulfillment in the old store. I'm hoping this new ecommerce system helps us!

Message 6 of 46

I'm so happy to hear that this helped! We love the Weebly integration too - they deliver a lot of what our Sellers were asking for. I know it can be a lot to work out at first too, but it sounds like it really is making your life as a Seller easier and that is the main goal!!

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help!

AshleyK
Message 7 of 46

Well....that would be fine and dandy if you knew where the "STORE" was! Without images of where to click, locating it is not that easy!

Store > Setup > Shipping rather than in Website > Site Settings

There is nothing that says "STORE" here - https://squareup.com/dashboard/

What is the URL to get to my STORE interface???

Message 8 of 46

Best Answer

To get you started you can edit your shipping here: Store > Setup > Shipping, you will need to add a region, and then edit the region to add a flat rate.

Feel free to take a look at this help article here as well.

AshleyK
Message 9 of 46

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: S/H Costs

I am not at all interested in figuring out and adding weight for each item in my store.  Can I not simply add a flat rate fee for s/h like I had before Square switched to Weebly?  Thanks!

Message 10 of 46
Alumni

Hi there @havepatience!

You can add a flat rate shipping fee by following the steps provided by @isabelle here in this thread. I've moved your post here so you can see her answer - this should get you where you need to be 

Valentina
Message 11 of 46

I did all of that but when I go into the site its my old stores shipping on some and others theres no shipping or it gives a default and I don't know what that is. I contacted square for help and they said I had to go to weebly for help. this new one sucks, thinking about changing to Clover.  

Message 12 of 46

I set up the flat rate shipping but it is not applied to the items at time of purchase! How do I fix this?

Message 13 of 46
Alumni

Are your items set to the shipping fulfillment method in the Online Store Dashboard? Can you send your site URL? 

@KimBauer

Justin
Message 14 of 46

Hi Justin ! I am not even sure what you are asking me!    Here is the site though!

Message 15 of 46

Hello @KimBauer - Jumping in for Justin here. 

Thanks for your website address. I took a look at your items and it seems like most of them are set to the correct fulfillment method ( "Shipping"). If you continue to see the same thing happening, please try unpublishing and publishing your site. This has helped in the past. 

Feel free to contact our Customer Success Team for more troubleshooting steps. 

Thank you! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 16 of 46

A hyperlink to STORE is needed.

Message 17 of 46

I have read every thread I can find about this and have seen instructions everywhere (including yours) that say to go to Store > Setup > Shipping. When I do that there is no option to add a region as you suggest.

Instead, I get a page that says "Get Your Stuff to Shoppers" with a button to "Set Up Shipping." When I click that, it gives me a pop up page where I am supposed to enter my region (it is defaulted to United States) and allows me to enter my address, phone and email.

But the first box at the top says "Store Name" and it is greyed out and will not allow me to put my store name in. So when I try to save the info it will not take, so I can not move on to assign my shipping options. 

Because I can't enter any shipping options at all, my store/website is showing the only option to receive my product is via in-person pickup. 

Please help!

Message 18 of 46
Alumni

Hmm, when I go to the Shipping tab of my Online store Dashboard, I see this:

Since you're not seeing Add Region from your end and are experiencing several issues, next steps are to call our CS Team for a hand. @squirrelbrand

Justin
Message 19 of 46

I have finally figured out how to update the new platform of my Weebly store.  I need to add in shipping costs per item and I'm not really sure on how to do this.  HELP!

Message 20 of 46
Alumni

@swts4u I found the thread you're looking for! I hope this helps 🙂

Justin
Message 21 of 46