x

How do I add a flat rate for shipping in my new Square Online site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Flat rate shipping in new online store]

Can’t find any threads addressing the new online store with shipping issues- I’m trying to keep my flat rate shipping cost always applied to orders that i had with the old store, until I can get all the extra accounts and costs associated set up with the various carriers to function smoothly in the new store. The new online store automatically took away my flat rate shipping and now I’m losing $$ on orders! I can’t find where/how to instate a flat rate. 
halp!

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

To get you started you can edit your shipping here: Store > Setup > Shipping, you will need to add a region, and then edit the region to add a flat rate.

Feel free to take a look at this help article here as well.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Thank you!

Message 22 of 46

Thank you!

Message 23 of 46

Can you help me find the thread. Not seeing your link. Trying to set up different shipping cost per item. Thanks. 

Message 24 of 46

Hi there, @becks - sorry for the trouble!

I've attached another hyperlink to the thread Ashlie was referring to here. Let me know if that gets you where you need to be!

Joe
Message 25 of 46

Did you ever figure out how to connect different shipping rates to different items?

Message 26 of 46

Hey there @TheCraftyTulip

Adding Shipping Rates to specific Items is considered a Feature Request, currently. 

Other sellers have reached out about the same feature, so I will be more than happy to add your voice. 

Thank you for taking the time with your Feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

Kassi
Message 27 of 46

Is there an option to use flat rate shipping per item and not shop wide?

I have several items that ship at different price points.  Using the weight feature is just painful. I know my shipping costs. I’d like flat rate shipping per item with an option that’s says “additional items add $5”

etsy has a feature like this.  If more than one item is chosen the higher shipping rate is used and the add on. 

Message 28 of 46

Hey @suehoo,

It looks like @TheCraftyTulip had the same question above and @Kassi_ answered it in her response below so I moved your post here for that answer.

Ashley C
Message 29 of 46

help lost flat rate. looked at threads but no help. tried the suggestions but still no luck

Message 30 of 46

I cannot figure out how to add shipping to my new online store. I had a flat rate on the old Square version. When I got to settings> shipping on my dashboard it's only giving me the option to plug in my address. Nowhere do I see an option to add a flat rate. Please help. Very unhappy with the new Weebly site. 

Message 31 of 46
Admin

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new site @Maggiestl. Hopefully the Best Answer on this thread can help point you in the right direction when it comes to setting up the flat rate shipping. 

Please let us know if any other questions come up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 32 of 46

I read that thread and it still didn’t help. When I go into shipping nowhere is there an option to add a flat rate like there used to be in the old version. 

Message 33 of 46
Admin

It looks like the dashboard navigation may have changed since the older messages were posted, @Maggiestl. To add a flat rate, go to Settings > Shipping from your Square Online store dashboard, edit your locations and save a "shipping from" location (if needed), then add a region (we will usually add the region you are shipping from by default). You should then see an Add shipping rate button. Click that, then choose the Flat rate option to set that up.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 34 of 46
Beta Member

Hello, my shipping has recently changed, and it looks like I am having this same problem. There is no option to add a shipping region or any other information. I can edit my shipping address, and that is the only thing available to update. For some reason, I am receiving orders with free shipping now, and loosing money. Any new info would help.

Message 35 of 46
Alumni

Hmm, the Add Region button can be found In Online Store Editor > Settings > Shipping. I navigate through the Online Store settings using my demo account and found it next to Destination Regions and Rates

Are you still having trouble locating it? @Vennturebrew

Justin
Message 36 of 46

Please get back to me with your answers!!!! And it is a pleasure to be with you guys!

Message 37 of 46
Alumni

@christian4 - Welcome to the Community. 

I searched for a thread that will help. I merged your post to it so you can see. 

Justin
Message 38 of 46

How can I add flat rate shipping for just one item in my store? Currently using rate for weight range, which is working pretty well. Doing a promotion for one item that requires a lower flat rate. Could I just set up a very low weight for this item (lower than anything else in the store) and set that weight at the flat rate?

Message 39 of 46
Alumni

Unfortunately flat rates cannot be configured for just for one item, but your workaround sounds legit! I like your thinking 🙂

Can you test it and let us know how it goes? @citym

Justin
Message 40 of 46

Will do!

Message 41 of 46

THIS!

For Pete's sake...WHY can this not be an option??? This should not be an hour+ worth of struggle to find a way in the new editor to make what you want happen. This WYSIWYG interface needs more options! Specifically, under the EDIT ITEM option, there should be a monetary choice for flat rate shipping. The other ways just make you chase your tail. Get the editor designers on this!

need flat rate.png

Message 42 of 46