x

How do I change inventory tags

Hi everyone. Newbie here 👋

I sell one-off items (ie there is only 1 inventory stock unit). How do I remove the “low stock” notification under each of my items please?

I’d also like to change the “out of stock” notification to “sold”.

I’m sure the answer is here somewhere but I can’t find it.

Thank you xx

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @sjh2010,

Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 😊

You can remove the low stock notification from your Square Online Dashboard

1. Go to Items > Item Preferences.

2. Scroll to Item statuses > Turn off the blue toggle next to low inventory indicator.

3. Save. 

Unfortunately, the wording can't be changed to "sold", but you can also turn off the out of stock indicator to remove the out of stock notification on your items 👍

I hope this helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

Hi @sjh2010,

Welcome to the Seller Community 👋 😊

You can remove the low stock notification from your Square Online Dashboard

1. Go to Items > Item Preferences.

2. Scroll to Item statuses > Turn off the blue toggle next to low inventory indicator.

3. Save. 

Unfortunately, the wording can't be changed to "sold", but you can also turn off the out of stock indicator to remove the out of stock notification on your items 👍

I hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 9

Thank you. I’ll give it a go 😃

Message 3 of 9

Hey Arie. Thank you. It worked 😃👍

Message 4 of 9

Hey @sjh2010,

Glad to hear it worked! 

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we're happy to help 😊 

Message 5 of 9

Hi Arie - I have also started to sell one off items and think I have created a monster! Starting to sell wax melt burners with artwork on them which makes each piece an "original" however they are all the same as in all being wax melt burners. I have added the item Wax Melt Burner with variations being the individual artwork - listed as Melt1, Melt2, Melt3 etc with their own picture for reference to which one it is. Should I be listing each piece as it's own item? Being a variation means (assuming) I have to go in and delete it once it's sold as it can't ever be replaced exactly. Help!!

Nic

Message 6 of 9

Hey @Artisan-Maker,

Thanks for writing in 🙂 👋

You can do either! Ensure you've got stock tracking enabled for your one of a kind items so you don't accidentally sell stock you don't have.

With variations, the wax melt burners you've already sold out will be greyed out in the drop down. You can then go ahead and delete the variation you've sold. Whether you create each wax burner as an individual item, or choose to go with variations, you'd have to delete the item once it's sold. Sold out individual items will still be displayed on your website, but note that the item is sold out. 

Having all wax melt burners listed as variations would allow customers to scroll through each design and compare them, while listing each wax melt burner as an individual item is great if you're still building out your inventory and want to list more items on your site. 

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions! 

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Hi

When I change the "low inventory figure" to "1" it won't save and just defaults to the original figure. The lowest it seems to go is "2" but I'm not going to have a high to hand stock for individual items. The most would normally be only 2-3 items. I really don't want to have all my listings with a "Low Stock" warning on the items that I only have the one item for. Is this just an anomaly or can I get it to "1"?? TIA

Message 8 of 9

Hi @spintheblack,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community 👋

At this time, the lowest the inventory indicator can be set to is two. If you're usually only stocking a few items, and don't want the low stock warning coming up, you'd have to turn off this setting completely. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help here! 

Message 9 of 9