x

How do I change the default at check-out within my Square Online site to Canada?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do I change the default at check-out to Canada? Customers are getting confused with zip code]

Hi! Looking for help please with our online store. At check-out, the default is set for USA so it requests a zip code, same with a US phone number. Is there a way to change this in the settings?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 29
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: State / Country field order on customer checkout screen.

Hi @voteforpedroca this is a feature request we're tracking in this thread: How do I change the default at check-out within my Square Online site to Canada? 

The Square Online team is working on this but I can't share a timeline for when it will be available.

As soon as we have news to share wee'll update this thread to notify everyone. To follow along, sign in and subscribe to the thread and reply below. (As soon as you sign in you'll see Subscribe appear in top right of your screen.)

Thanks for joining the Seller Community. I hope you're keeping well too!

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

@amartin,

Thank you for being patient. After doing a bit of research, this is currently a feature request and is not a setting that can be toggled on or off at the moment. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

One quick thing to note, online ordering will should work and accept international customers including Canada/US. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Alumni

Hi @MattHebb1995,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Sorry to hear this has been your experience. We're aware of this issue which we're tracking in this thread. We'll post here to let you know if the checkout flow can be customized for customers in Canada. 

Thanks for your patience (and your customers' patience too) in the meantime. Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 22 of 29

I sent my first invoice using Square last week. The customer is being asked to input a one-digit zip code. Nothing works. Help!

Message 23 of 29

Is this feature available? I require it for my Canadian online store 

Message 24 of 29
Beta Member

I, too, would like to see this fixed. 

I’m not clear on why this is complicated. In a select box in HTML all you need to do is specify selected=selected or selected=true and add a simple drop down in the store config allowing the admin to specify their default. 

Could even do it with some simple javascript after detecting the customer’s location via browser request. 

Message 25 of 29
Admin

Thanks @lemondogs! Rest assured the Online Store team is working on this! As soon as we have any news to share we'll reply to this thread to you let you know. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 29
Beta Member

Such a huge oversight in the first place. What process of UX did you go through?

And here we are, 2 months after your "it's being worked on" announcement, and we're still waiting for any update. Feeling really sorry for that lone developer you must call the "development team".

Message 27 of 29

Any updates about this?

Message 28 of 29
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @SkyIsBlue 👋

As far as I know, the checkout page should automatically default to the specific country options. Can you post a link to your website so I can take a look? Or are you sending invoices? 

Thanks in advance for the information! 

Message 29 of 29