x

How do I edit the store emails in Square Online

I am trying to find out how to edit the body of the emails found in:

Online -> Settings -> Email Setup

I see how I can add my logo, text, add different blocks and spacers,

but I have ben unable to edit the text found in the "Order Confirmation" and "Order Prepared" specifically.

The wording in the body does not work for how I'm setup for pickup and delivery and I would like to change it.

Does anyone have any idea how do do it? Thanks

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @itjk 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you!

Good question here! Currently, in regards to Square Online customer emails, you can specifically edit by adding headers and footers. Any further editing - specifically of the content within the body of the correspondence - would be considered a Feature Request.

Let me know if you have any further questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Best Answer

Hi there, @itjk 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you!

Good question here! Currently, in regards to Square Online customer emails, you can specifically edit by adding headers and footers. Any further editing - specifically of the content within the body of the correspondence - would be considered a Feature Request.

Let me know if you have any further questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 2 of 19

I don't understand why a Feature Request is needed to edit our email messages to customers. This should be a basic feature.

I only have an online store, and I only offer mail delivery of physical items. No pickups, no digital downloads, nothing complicated -- yet this is what the template mentions and I cannot remove these irrelevant details. I'm delaying announcing my store's opening because of this issue. I really want to launch, but my store's automated email messages need to be on point! I don't want to confuse customers.

This is stressful.

Message 3 of 19

Hi @latelierlarose - I believe the above conversation was within the context of pick-up confirmations and order notification management for the customer, which sounds separate from the type of correspondences you are sharing.

Have you considered Square Marketing? We offer full customization of emailed correspondents with customers through our Marketing services. 

Joe
Message 4 of 19

I have the same question.  The default content of the confirmation email that customers receive when placing an order has arbitrary content that is not accurate for our - or most businesses - ie. orders not picked up after 5 days will be cancelled.   This is not how our store works.  How do I remove or edit the text of this communication.  

Message 5 of 19

@TheLeanary thank you for sharing this. Right now, it's a feature request, so I'm glad you posted in this thread where Joe's best answer helps address this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Also, welcome to the Seller Community!

AshleyK
Message 6 of 19

Is there a time line for changing this?  The Weebly interface has been quite disappointing.  If timeline information were given for the feature requests, this would help folk make decisions about if changing or staying with square makes more sense for their businesses.  

Message 7 of 19

@sammills I wish I had a more specific timeline for you, but I don't. I checked a few roadmaps and did not see this feature listed just yet, so I would not expect it to be released within the next few months if that helps you make some decisions for your business. 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 19

Thank you.  

Message 9 of 19

Is there any way that square could remove the arbitrary information about must pickup up after 5 days or be removed.  We have to use all the features we can edit to let our customers know to ignore the default information as it is inaccurate and square doesn't let us change it.  

We will be leaving square shortly and this just seems too unprofessional.    

If allowing us to edit it is too hard.  Please let us remove it or stop including it.  I can't imagine it is anything but an hindrance to the vast majority of your clients.  It is certainly a piece of why we will be leaving square in the new year. 

Message 10 of 19

Hey there @TheLeanary 👋

I am sorry to hear that you're planning to leave Square for this reason. We continue to work on Square Online to make it a product that most if not all our Sellers can take advantage of. However, in making sure that we have a tool that is productive yet simple some choices are made to make sure Sellers are being successful when using Square Online. It seems that you may need a bit more complex website than what we currently offer. 

I could make a good recommendation of integrating Square to WordPress using WooCommerce or a similar tool. With WooCommerce and WordPress you have absolute control over the alerts, the email, and how a receipt looks or what it says. This however comes with a more complicated set of tools for the ones we would recommend hiring a Web Developer as they would not be as simple as Square Online.

I really hope we get to continue doing business together in the future and that this information is helpful. 

JJ
Message 11 of 19
Beta Member

Is there any new information about changing these emails?  I am also finding that the wording in the emails are not relevant to my store.  I offer local pick up, but I don't give them a deadline to pick up as people have busy lives and can't always pick up within 5 days.  I don't refund their order if they don't pick up by a certain time, that would anger so many people that the few orders I do get for pick up would stop, and I don't want that.  PLEASE CHANGE THIS FEATURE QUICKLY!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 19

@TheLeanary You are right... this should be a basic feature OR it needs to be very basic, thank you for your purchase type language. Here we are 2024 and Square still hasn't fixed this. ALL this stupid language about shipping and picking up a "digital product" is laughable. We cannot edit either. 

Message 13 of 19

I have this same problem, except the email confirmation is showing something I have customized in the past.  It refers to "pick up on May 17th" which is no longer valid.  How can I change the email confirmation details?

Message 14 of 19

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Seller Community, @mkingsbury 👋 It's always great seeing a new face here. 

You can edit your email confirmation text in your Square Online Dashboard by heading to Communications > Email & Text alerts. I hope this helps! 

Message 15 of 19

You can't change the body text.

Message 16 of 19
Beta Member

Same problem. Not sure how alter text of these emails. 

Message 17 of 19

Hello, @SweetHomeonMain- It seems there might be some confusion regarding the ability to modify the body text, as discussed in this thread. Could you please offer more specific details about the changes you are attempting? This will enable us to provide you with more accurate and tailored assistance.

Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 18 of 19
Beta Member

Absolutely! Our customers are getting pickup order confirmation emails that say one thing "We will contact you after your order has been accepted to coordinate when you will receive your order".

We hope to change it to something like "We will contact you after your order has been accepted to coordinate when you can pick up your order".

But when I go into online>communications>email and text alerts>email previews>order confirmation>edit email, I can edit parts of the email, but not the text that I would like to edit. Such as the following:

"You will receive an email once your order is ready for pickup. You can pick it up any time during business hours. Go to the register, give your name and order number, and the sales associate will locate your order.

You have 5 days from the day you place your order to pick it up. After that, the order will be canceled and your payment refunded. If you are unable to pick your order up within 5 days, call us and we will work something out."

This information is just way to specific for us and I cannot change it. I read some others said to try Chrome. I did that and it didn't work. Thanks for any information you can give me!

Message 19 of 19