x

How do I prevent customers from seeing time estimates when placing delivery and pickup orders?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Disable Delivery/Pickup Times

Is it possible to disable the estimated delivery date and time that Square automatically displays?

We have set up a modifier where customers can enter the date they want their order delivered, but Square will of course also display a confirmation with their estimated date + time based on my setup. This is confusing customers because they are seeing two different delivery dates.

I don't want to disable deliveries, I just don't want Square's estimated times to appear. Is that possible?

Thanks,

DOL

Message 1 of 100
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi y'all! 👋

Popping in to let you know that it is now possible to prevent buyers from seeing a pickup or delivery time.

1. Head to your Square Online overview page > Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery
  2. Select the Edit link to the right of the location you want to edit, then scroll to Order timing settings
  3. You'll see a new section here: Pickup & delivery times

Please keep in mind that when you turn OFF one of the toggles within the Pickup & delivery times section, the corresponding toggle in the Scheduling section will be automatically turned off as well.

IE: If you toggle OFF Automatically assign pickup times at checkout, Allow scheduled pickups will also be toggled OFF.

Let us know if you have any questions about this new ability! 🎉

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 33 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @DOL_Floral

Welcome to the Community!

You can manage the time estimate through the settings on your Online Store Dashboard but you cannot disable it. 

Go to Online Store > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit Location > Delivery Estimate. 

Please let me know if this doesn't do the trick or you were looking for something different. 

Kassi
Message 2 of 100

Hi Kassi,

Thank you for the response. However, under delivery estimate there is no way to actually disable the estimate. It only lets you pick a time frame and the time frame cannot be 0. 

Is there somewhere to completely disable the time/date estimate but not disable deliveries?

Thanks,

DOL

Message 3 of 100

Hi @Kassi_,

Message 4 of 100

@DOL_Floral

Sorry for the delay! 

Currently, there isn't a way to disable the delivery estimate once it has been set. This would be a Feature Request for the Online Store. 

I am going to tag this for the Product Team!

Kassi
Message 5 of 100

@Kassi_ , thank you. What would you recommend we do then as an alternative? Our customers are getting confused because we have a modifier that lets them select a date for delivery, but then Square also shows an estimated delivery date that is most of time completely different.

Thanks,

DOL

Message 6 of 100

Hi there, @DOL_Floral 👋 I can step in for Kassi in her absence on this one! Unfortunately, we would not have a suggested workaround in this case, which speaks more to the fact that we have room for improvement here. I will echo Kassi's sentiment that we will continue to flag this over to our Product Teams for future development and improvement. We really appreciate your input and patience!

Joe
Message 7 of 100

Hi @Joe,

Thanks for your feedback. Does Square allow 3rd part developers to come in and modify this for individual websites, so essentially I could look into hiring someone to code this for my particular store?

Thanks,

DOL

Message 8 of 100

Hi there, @DOL_Floral! Good question! Square does allow specific features to be edited from a software integration and development stand point, but will admit this is not available currently for delivery and pickup options being that they are newer products.

I am happy to pass your feedback along to our Product Teams again! 

Joe
Message 9 of 100

Hi @Joe,

OK thank you for letting me know, I hope this feature is implemented soon.

Thanks,

DOL

Message 10 of 100

Of course! We will update everyone here on the Community when we have some positive updates to share. Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Message 11 of 100

Has this issue been fixed? I believe the posts on this topic were a few months old., hoping a solution has been found?

Message 12 of 100

Is it possible to edit the template so we can add photos to the modifiers on each product page? Example -- our customers can a style of bouquet (wild & free and  signature). Can we upload a photo of each so the customer can see? 

Thanks!

Message 13 of 100

Thanks for the quick reply, @DOL_Floral! I'm afraid we are in a similar situation here with modifier photos on the Online Store. As of now, this is a Feature Request we are looking to implement soon. When it comes to floral arrangements, we can definitely see how physically seeing the difference in these item modifiers would be very helpful to customers. Hopefully we will be able to bounce back here soon with some positive updates for you. 

Joe
Message 14 of 100

Any update on removing the delivery estimate from the checkout window. I agree, this is so confusing for my customers.

Message 15 of 100

Was this ever resolved?

Message 16 of 100

Hi Kassi,

Any word on where Square is on this?

Message 17 of 100

Hey there, @LyndaP

I don't have an update for this just yet. Once more information is provided one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update in the Community. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Kassi
Message 18 of 100

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Delivery Options: How to turn off time estimate at checkout?

My business is expanding to selling flowers.  Customers have the options for pickup or delivery.  When they checkout, the delivery gives them an automatic stated time instead of allowing me to setup the delivery parameters.  Do you have a work around for this?

Message 19 of 100
Alumni

While we do not have a workaround to share in regards to this feature, I've moved your post to this thread where others have asked the same question, @ronda1109. When we have an update to share about this time estimate, we'll be sure to post it here, so you'll receive an email notification as long as you stay subscribed!

Valentina
Message 20 of 100

I would love for this to be an option as well.  It doesn't apply to many many businesses

Message 21 of 100