x

How do I set up Facebook Pixel on my Square Online website?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: How to set up our Facebook Pixel properly so that it tracks all conversions on our site

How do you set up the facebook pixel properly so that it tracks all conversions on our site? Right now we have our facebook pixel added to the proper section on the Square settings - but we can see that it's not working on the Facebook backend. Is there a way to manually add the code into our site?

Message 1 of 90
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Facebook pixel

I found an answer that seems to have worked for me, though I'm using a Square/Weebly site. I called support.

Once you log in to weebly, on the side bar you go to website/integrations/facebook pixel. Then you only input the pixel I.D. number. Not the entire header code.

Hope that helps.

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @Ogdensown 👋

It's possible to embed the code required by Facebook for this integration into your Square Online website - simply follow these steps. For additional information about the Facebook Pixel and how it works, you'll want to take a peek at Facebook's help page

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 20 of 90
89 REPLIES 89
Square Community Moderator

@SGM1 What is happening with your Facebook integration now? I'm happy to take a look, but we also may need this to go to support if it looks like a bug, as a heads up!

AshleyK
Message 22 of 90
Beta Member

My integration now works reasonably well. It took weeks to sort and in the end Facebook found a way to work round the incorrectly linked pixel created by Square.

Sale prices still don't link to Facebook.

My comment above is in relation to the proposed solution to add the pixel using that part of square. This will not work if the setup is incorrect and facebook will throw up tagging errors!

This has been refered to many times in the thread.

As such the best answer tag is incorrect and misleading and needs to be removed.

The main cause of the integration issues is that your automated system to create a pixel can link this to the users personal facebook id. this cannot be used for a facebook shop and cannot be undone or moved easily or at all once created.

Facebook were more than willing to work with you to improve the situation.

Message 23 of 90
Square Community Moderator

@SGM1 I do know that sale prices don’t link because the information is drawn from the Square Dashboard and Square currently does not have sales prices. Also, if you've linked the wrong account (like your personal one - which does sound unpleasant), then you will need to disconnect and reconnect. I will browse the thread and add other solutions that sellers have found regarding the errors so that it can help more people. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

AshleyK
Message 24 of 90
Beta Member

@AshleyKRe sales prices the lack of sale prices in square dashboard is also a problem for those of us with brick and mortar stores as well as online sales. This has been raised as a request previously and would then allow the facebook link as currently you make things look expensive in the facebook shop if I put them on sale.

With ref to this threacd and the Facebook pixel. I don't know why but your automated process when setting up the website creates the Pixel and links it. Once done this cannot be undone and creating  another as one does  not help as the first one is already linked to your facebook shop and cannot be undone.(It took me weeks and hours of perserverance to get hold of some one at Facebook who knew enough to help me create links to make it all work. Square did not want to help at all even though your automated system caused the issue)

I think the issue may arrise if facebook business and commerce are not fully created before you create the square site and link or that you must be logged into business.facebook but the only way to prove this would be to crerate new dummy accounts and run different senarios really one for your team.

However the system above does not solve the problem infact it creates another one so hence my request for best answer to be removed as this issue keeps coming up for new users.

Message 25 of 90
Beta Member

Did you get microdata tags to work. I know pixels is one thing but I am trying to get the catalog from weebly over to FB and be able to sync it. I haven't used microdata before so I am having an issue with what the "content" in the markup language should be.

Message 26 of 90

Hi SGM1,

I've been looking for days for someone who has got as far as you have in terms of the FB/Square pixel issue.

Do you suggest I speak to FB to find a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Message 27 of 90
Beta Member

Hi @qlinqjewellery 

I had the most success with FB help as square don't seem capable of recognising the issue.

You will need to push FB too as their system regularly changes who you are dealing with on chat or email which takes you back to square 1. I eventually got one person who stuck with me (He had to literally tell me when he was working and act to stop FB's system moving me to another member of his team) and we ended up with him calling me and he ran through everything and made it work.

My issue was that square linked the pixel they created to my personal account and not my business and page. Once done this cannot be undone and it took significant effort to get it to link and work with the page.

The good news is once I sorted this it has worked reliably.

Message 28 of 90
Beta Member

THIS! THIS! THIS! 

I, among many others, truly wish either Facebook (and/or) Square/Weebly would recognize the fact that MANY have accidentally integrated with a personal FB pixel and not the business page pixel

and that there is not a way for users to fix this. Currently the only way to fix this mixup is to spend countless hours getting to the point you find out what's wrong, and then countless more hours trying to get the correct support person thats familiar with this issue and familiar with how to resolve it.

This is NOT feasible! I STILL don't have a working pixel because I haven't been fortunate enough to get the support person that's familiar with this issue. Can't even find a number to reach someone.

It's 2021, the tools available to us are endless, how is this still an ongoing issue?

Message 29 of 90

Hi @SGM1,

I feel like I don't have the will to contact FB Support in order to try to find an agent who knows this issue...so I've actually bitten the bullet and uploaded my shop's items manually, there's only around 40 so not too much time and the items don't change much unless I create a new collection of about 10 more items - it's doable with manual, for me at least.

Also, I don't think we have the same issue - I think my pixel has always been connected to my business account and Page (it was working fine for months, pulling data etc.) but something recently disconnected it.

Anyway, life is too short to be faffing with this stuff. I recommend to others reading this - avoid the stress and time wasting by either ditching the pixel and going manual with your items uploads, or ditching Square and shifting to a different e-commerce platform like Shopify etc.

Good luck all!

Message 30 of 90
Beta Member

@fordhamr @qlinqjewellery 

I fully agree and I gave up a number of times before finally falling lucky.

I have too many items to upload in multiple places manually and wanted to prove the online concept linked to epos for minimal cost due to the nature of my business.

Once done it has worked reliably other than sale prices not transfering.

For those who do want to pursue the solution and particularly with a miss linked pixel. 

Ask for Facebook Concierge Support I spoke to a gentelman called Lindsay who is based in Canada he quickly understood the issue and walked me through the only solution he believes will work as the pixel cannot be moved from personal to Business.

I still dont understand why square / weebly don't want to improve this but all development seems to move at a snails pace so as you say the only other option is to vote with your feet

Message 31 of 90
Beta Member

Hi all,

We've somehow botched our Facebook pixel integration for our FB shop. I followed all the steps of logging out and logging back in, removing the Facebook integration, restarting it and it does not work. In fact the behaviour is quite odd.

When I log back into Facebook it wants me to use a pixel that is associated with my personal account and not pixels that were created for our business website. No matter what I do even posting code from my personal pixel into the Square header it does not work.

I've been at this on my own for a couple of weeks now and I have to say that all the different pages in the business manager of Facebook are very very difficult to understand. If somebody can put me in the right direction here simply I'd appreciate it otherwise I'd be open to hiring a professional and would welcome recommendations here as well.

Thanks!

Message 32 of 90
Admin

Hi @sjbakery!

Thanks for posting n the Seller Community. Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with this! It sounds like it's been a bit of a headache. We appreciate all of your troubleshooting. 

Would you mind providing your URL? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 33 of 90
Beta Member

I have the same issue.

The automated system to link to facebook created a pixel and add account linked to my personal id not my page and shop.

This did create a linked catalogue but facebook will not let me use it with my shop to ink the catalogue

On inserting a new pixel on squareup on the integrations tab I can use this with my facebook shop but get the above issues as facebook says there are microdata issues

Two issues

1 - automated process linked to personal ID and not the shop

- You dont appear to be able to undo or re run this to attach to the shop.

2 - separate pixel created for the shop does not link the microdata so wont allow catalogue links

Message 34 of 90

I am experiencing issues as well and have spent hours trying to figure this all out. Have you resolved any of yours yet?

Message 35 of 90
Beta Member

Yep. Same problem. Integration was working great and then quit updated a couple of weeks ago. Have tried to start all over again with no success.

Message 36 of 90

I'm not having any luck either. Really kicking myself for not going with Shopify right about now. Sooo many of my customers click and buy from Facebook and Instagram so this is sooo frustrating. I'm about to switch and take a loss for the year on the "professional" subscription. I'm sure I could make it up with sales just from the FB/Insta integration they have. I mean WHY do they say they have it if they don't have the technology BUILT in to make it work?? So we spend time and MONEY sitting here thinking its us... rant over...   

Message 37 of 90

It took a week, but I finally figured it out. Delete the existing catalog that is attached to your FB shop. Then make a new shop and associate it with your business page. While setting up the new shop, the square pixel will be available. It takes a while for everything to sync up, but all your items will be available with the micro data. Then everything can be added to your FB shop and you can re-publish it. 

Message 38 of 90
Beta Member

JayBirdy

You Have the basis of the same solution I have after having exchanged over 50 messages with Facebook and Finally an hour on the phone with them.

My shop is now up and working.

Also make sure you are logged into business.facebook.com not just facebook.com and you need to make sure business manager, adds manager and commerce manager are setup and then work from commerce manager.

As JayBirdy says having deleted the old shop and created the new one this is the only place where I could see the correct pixel and linked catalogue.

Best bet is to email Facebook concierge support and try and get one of them to stick with you as I found I changed person every couple of messages and went back to the begining each time. This really did not help but they can tell you how to try and keep the conversation with a single advisor or take the offer of a telephone conversation ASAP.

You will need your Pixel id number, catalogue name, business manager id number, facebook page details and personal ID number as a minimum

The problems really seem to be in the complexity of Facebook as their team gave me conflicting advice and different solutions most of which did not work! They even tried to convince me I had to link the add manager and spend money on adverts to solve the problem at one point which I did NOT do and seemed like a con to make them Money!

After all that the issue initially was probably due to my not having everything on Facebook set up the way Squareup required and once the link is created the pixel is hardwired to the add account which was hardwired to my personal ID and not the business page or shop.

Unfortunately its too late by that point.

Message 39 of 90
Admin

Thank you so much @JayBirdy and @SGM1 for sharing this info for other sellers to reference. Sorry that it was such a pain.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 40 of 90
Beta Member

@nika I"m not sure this solves all issues and continue to work with Facebook to solve (I will add more as I find out) but you really need to get your team to look at the automated link to Facebook as it is linking pixels and add accounts to personal Facebook ids which causes all the problems.

Message 41 of 90

Yes! SGM1 is correct. Someone definitely needs to take a look at this, work on the compatibility, and re-write the instructions for connecting to a FB store. FB’s overly complicated and excessive sections for setting up the shop are also a problem, but obviously beyond Square’s control. Luckily, in my case, after deleting the old catalog and creating a new shop, my issues have been resolved. However it was incredibly frustrating and ridiculously time consuming to figure out. Hopefully other users can be spared the experience.

Message 42 of 90