x

How do I set up different shipping rates for various provinces?

Is it possible to set up different shipping rates for different provinces?  For example, say I want to ship free within my home province, but a fee outside of the province?  All I could find was basically the country level, with the option to exclude various provinces, but nothing allowing for differing rates within the country?

Is there any possible work around with a coupon or discount based on customer location instead of a code?

thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Meekomac 🙂 Yes! You can set up different rates for the provinces/cities listed under a country. Create your first rule by clicking add a region and searching for the destination country. Click select provinces, then check/uncheck the provinces you wish to include in your first rule. Choose your shipping preference and save.

Next, create a brand new region and choose the same country. You will notice the only province options now available are the ones that were excluded in the first rule. Add or remove provinces, save the rate, and repeat this process until you have all of your rules setup. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hi @Meekomac 🙂 Yes! You can set up different rates for the provinces/cities listed under a country. Create your first rule by clicking add a region and searching for the destination country. Click select provinces, then check/uncheck the provinces you wish to include in your first rule. Choose your shipping preference and save.

Next, create a brand new region and choose the same country. You will notice the only province options now available are the ones that were excluded in the first rule. Add or remove provinces, save the rate, and repeat this process until you have all of your rules setup. 

Message 2 of 5

Ok, I swear I did that yesterday, but maybe I didn't save all the way back out or something, because the country was not available to choose a second time.  Worked this time, so I must have just missed a step last time - thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 5

You're welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions. 🙂

Message 4 of 5

This is exactly what I want to do but it appears that the system may have changes since this post. When I create a shipping profile and select a couple provinces, when I go back to create a second shipping profile for the other provinces, canada isn't available in the countries list. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Message 5 of 5