x

How do i arrange my categories on square online? its not working

I cannot arrange my categories on my square online website. If I drag a category up it doesn't move. I have tried with Chrome, Edge, and mobile device. I need to move entrees up and drinks down. Please help

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, thank you for the video, yes, that is very frustrating.  Hopefully you have this Online Store version.

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to locate.

Online Dashboard, Items, Categories, far right, Rearrange categories, then you can drag to rearrange, click Done rearranging

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.19.24 AM.png

*Note:  this page display has changed since the last time I saw it.  So there might be something wrong.  You may need to contact Square Support.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

HI, thank you for the video, yes, that is very frustrating.  Hopefully you have this Online Store version.

Here are the breadcrumbs and screenshot to locate.

Online Dashboard, Items, Categories, far right, Rearrange categories, then you can drag to rearrange, click Done rearranging

Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 10.19.24 AM.png

*Note:  this page display has changed since the last time I saw it.  So there might be something wrong.  You may need to contact Square Support.

Contact Customer Support

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact?panel=FAB456B04971&skip_unit_select=true

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 7

Life saver! Thanks

Message 3 of 7

I am having the same problem with arranging items within categories. Just freezes up.

Message 4 of 7

HI, can you please share a screenshot of your categories page within the Online Dashboard?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 5 of 7

I find I can move categories just fine but then they accidentally nest under others and I can't get them out!

If I want to move one back out and put it on the bottom it just will not do it, it automatically nests under the last category name and I can't figure a way around it.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

It seems that something is acting funny with categories sorting on your Square Dashboard @Deesseboutique. Have you tried Dashboard troubleshooting yet? If after finishing the steps, the behavior persists, you'll want to reach out.

If you haven't already, your best bet is to get in touch with us directly via phone, so that a member of our support team can dig in with you. When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7