x

How long does it take new items to sync with weebly online store?

New item not syncing with online store. How long does it take? What can I do to make it appear?

Message 1 of 60
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @BreadandButter 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! So happy that you joined us. Hopefully this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you look for creative solutions for your business.

Item integration to the Online Store is dependent upon the size of your item library as well as some other external factors such as browser version and even strength of internet connection. Are you receiving any kind of error message when trying to move your items over to the Online Store?

If the issues persists, it may be a good idea to flag this over to our Support Team. They can take a deeper look into your setup and determine if anything is off.

Feel free to shoot me back a response! I will keep an eye out - I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 60
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @kwestport-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I reached out to our Square Online Store team and they have received reports recently from other sellers  of there being an item sync delay. It's something our engineers are aware of, and working hard to resolve. While the changes should reflect in a matter of minutes, we have heard of it taking a few hours.

Some troubleshooting steps in the meantime would be making sure you're using the browser Google Chrome, clearing your browsing history, and clearing you cache. I will post an update in here when/if I hear something about this delay issue being resolved. Really sorry for the inconvenience and concern this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

No not at all the user manual will only tell you how things are supossed to work but in realilty actually dont on a consistent basis.  I'm not hating on Square but they know this.  There was a time that we were having issues with a new I pad we bought from them and were forced to use our cell phones to proccess the orders. Unfortunately I accidently dropped my cell and it shattered the screen. When I tried to download the app on my better halfs phone but couldnt remeber the password they told me I should go ahead and close my restaurant until I get a new cell phone they could not help us. I sware they actually said this.

Message 22 of 60

in the process of trying ot set up our online store.  Inventory is synced for the most part.  Lat night I created some new items in hte Square inventory and they appeared in the online item list iwht no problem.  Today, did the same thing created new items in the Sqaure inventory, but they are not showing up in the Online item list - is there any troubleshooting or list of specifc things that might cause these new items not to sync?

Message 23 of 60
Admin

@shiffera5 Take a look at this thread. There's some info on why that might be happening.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 24 of 60
Beta Member

Are you using the Variation feature for your items?

Message 25 of 60

I have uploaded an item list into Square's Item Library with price, descriptions, inventory, and image but in my online store, nothing is syncing over. Settings to synch are turned on.

My assumption is the items on the Square side would show up on the Weebly side otherwise I'm doubling my work.

Appreciate any troubleshooting!

Message 26 of 60
Alumni

Sometimes you might see a delay with syncing items but they should be synced by now. If they're still not showing up, reach out to our Ecom Team for a hand. 

@buttonboxaprons

Justin
Message 27 of 60
Beta Member

Hi, is anyone else having issues with syncing? 

I am now creating items into Square with variations (creating same in Weebly doesn't work) and then hoping they will sync with Weebly but alas, I have just created a new item today in Square and I see it in Square but it does not show up in Weebly.  Please help with this, it is an ongoing issue I am having and I have talked on the phone with IT of Weebly and was told they are having issues with Item creations so that's why I am creating them in Square but it seems every time I add variations Weebly can't seem to handle that feature.  This is so crucial to my business and my items can't be seen on my website for the now imperative online sales.  We need a website that works please.

Leanne

Five Girls Baking

Message 28 of 60

Hey @BakingLife,

Sorry you're having so much trouble with your items syncing.

I moved your post to an existing thread where other sellers were experiencing the same issue.

@Joe answered above why this could be occurring and also provided a link to contact direct Support to take a look if this is still happening. 

If you have your items set to sync with your Online Store then the next best step would be to reach out to our direct support team to take a closer look.

Ashley C
Message 29 of 60

Is there a way to sync my square items with the weebly store
Message 30 of 60
Admin

Hey @Kittyandotterbe- Are you seeing the items show up yet? Sometimes there can be a delay. 

Check out what @Joe has to say above. And if you're still having trouble, I'd go ahead and call our team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 31 of 60

Hey cool, looks like this problem still exsists, and you haven't fixed it.  I sat down today looking at my options to bring products online, and since we are long time customers with square, I thought yeah lets try it out.  I guess we'll be looking else where to sell online, I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to upload a new item on square, hoping to see it on our online site (weebly).  What a waste of time. 

re: new items don't sync with weebly (square online site) -- 

Message 32 of 60

Hello!

Our Online square account and our dashboard are not syncing any new items! I've been searching for help and have tried all suggestions so far:

- Turning off variables

- Square sync is turned on

We can add items to our Online dashboard and they will appear in our POS system and our Home dashboard, but not the other way around. When we do this (Adding items via online) they appear on the home dashboard and there we will add stock, but the stock will then not show up on the original Online Item.

This just started a few days ago and I'd been on the phone with support for 2 hours, they said the issue will resolve itself within 24hrs but it's been more than that and still not resolve.

We rely on our online sales, and I cannot contact support over the phone, and they're not replying to my emails.

Someone please help.

Message 33 of 60

To clarify we typically add items via a .cvs downloaded excel sheet with all the items, and it always works. Doing so will import the modified library to our Dashboard and the items appear properly, but then they're nowhere to be found in our Online Dashboard. 

They're not "unavailable" or "hidden" they do not exist. Support told us they can't even see these items in our dashboard.

Message 34 of 60

What is going on with Square interface? We could barely update item inventory! Square kept saying it was having problems. And today, the online store is slow to load. 

kvk

Message 35 of 60
Alumni

Occasionally you may experience delays when syncing, but your item inventory should be synced by now, @kvk. If you're still running into a bit of trouble, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 36 of 60

I am having issues with sync too.  Takes forever.  I know it is not something about the way I am adding products because the ones I added last night through the online store show up just fine in square.  But the ones I added this morning are not syncing even though I followed the exact same steps.  Is there a way to "force" syncing?

(Little disheartening that this thread was started about a year ago...  I so wanted to like square for my new shop.  I used to use it for a non-profit years ago, and I had good luck with it.  That was before the weebly integration.)

Message 37 of 60

Hi there, @beatrixpaal - thanks for reaching out and joining us here on the Seller Community! 

We appreciate your honesty, and we are cognisant that this has been an ongoing pain point for some Sellers. It seems as though syncing is happening quickly for some, but extremely delayed for others - and we are trying to gather as much info as we can as to why.

Those who found resolution here have reached out to our Support Team directly, which I would also encourage you to do. If there is a larger bug or glitch to be identified, we will need to get direct visibility on the delay you are experiencing.

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Message 38 of 60
Beta Member

I used the Square Dashboard to add inventory and then checked the Online site. There the new items were added, but not all of the inventory numbers were added and show 0 and "Out of Stock" on the site. Does this take a while to update? If so, why did some update and not others?

Thank you

Message 39 of 60

HI, there is a sync issue with Square.  Best advice, add items into the Online Dashboard.

Here is a Square Support page regarding sync.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6915-square-online-store-sync

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 40 of 60

Hi @NewYorkDiscGolf! Welcome to the Seller Community. I've merged your post to an existing thread so we can keep track of all inbound posts for this. 

I recommend following the advise that @Goldneye provided as that is what we also would have advised. Thanks so much Goldneye!!! 

AshleyK
Message 41 of 60
Beta Member

I have read that article and it is not helpful. I am adding items through the dashboard and only have a single location. Having inventory not update in a timely manner is unacceptable. I paid for a business account and cannot have this issue continue. 

Message 42 of 60