x

How long does it take new items to sync with weebly online store?

New item not syncing with online store. How long does it take? What can I do to make it appear?

Message 1 of 60
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @BreadandButter 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! So happy that you joined us. Hopefully this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you look for creative solutions for your business.

Item integration to the Online Store is dependent upon the size of your item library as well as some other external factors such as browser version and even strength of internet connection. Are you receiving any kind of error message when trying to move your items over to the Online Store?

If the issues persists, it may be a good idea to flag this over to our Support Team. They can take a deeper look into your setup and determine if anything is off.

Feel free to shoot me back a response! I will keep an eye out - I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 60
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @kwestport-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I reached out to our Square Online Store team and they have received reports recently from other sellers  of there being an item sync delay. It's something our engineers are aware of, and working hard to resolve. While the changes should reflect in a matter of minutes, we have heard of it taking a few hours.

Some troubleshooting steps in the meantime would be making sure you're using the browser Google Chrome, clearing your browsing history, and clearing you cache. I will post an update in here when/if I hear something about this delay issue being resolved. Really sorry for the inconvenience and concern this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Best Answer

Hi there, @BreadandButter 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! So happy that you joined us. Hopefully this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you look for creative solutions for your business.

Item integration to the Online Store is dependent upon the size of your item library as well as some other external factors such as browser version and even strength of internet connection. Are you receiving any kind of error message when trying to move your items over to the Online Store?

If the issues persists, it may be a good idea to flag this over to our Support Team. They can take a deeper look into your setup and determine if anything is off.

Feel free to shoot me back a response! I will keep an eye out - I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.

Joe
Message 2 of 60
Beta Member

@Joe I have a related question. If I update inventory amounts in Square (after receiving new stock for example), does the inventory in Weebly also update? Does that sync happen automatically, or does it happen on a schedule?

Message 3 of 60

Hi there, @trish_Yrn! This is a great question! Yes - if you update your inventory through Square, those numbers should be reflective in real time on your Online Store stock. From what I gather, there may be a slight delay in real-time inventory updates due to a "queue" of Online Store activity - but it should update automatically, nonetheless.

Joe
Message 4 of 60

I updated the inventory in Square yesterday evening around 11 pm. As of this morning, at 9 am, it's still not updated on our website. This is the first time I've ever had this issue, it always happens almost automatically. Other than changing each item individually, which is a huge waste of time, I don't know what to do. We're a seasonal seller since 2020, and this year I've had multiple instances where the system failed and I had to revert to updating our 200-ish items individually.

Message 5 of 60

Welcome to the Seller Community, @CFonWhidbey 👋 

Can you please post a link to your website so we can take a look? Are you missing items from specific categories, or just in general? 

Message 6 of 60
Beta Member

So what size library breaks the system? 

Message 7 of 60
Beta Member

Can someone explain to me why a browser matters in this case? If the item is available on the POS, shouldn't it be also available on the online store?  

Message 8 of 60

Hi @WineSneak 👋

You can add items from the POS app, or from the Square or Weebly dashboard through a browser. I'm assuming the latter is when the browser would come into play. For reference, you should be using the most recent version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge. 

How do you add your items, and are you still having an issue with syncing? 

Message 9 of 60
Super Seller Alumni

I'd like to preface this by saying I'm not a Square employee, nor do I know the exacts of how their system works. So I could be totally and completely wrong about everything I'm saying. However, I thought it might be helpful to explain what's potentially going on here from a technical point of view, not to bash Square or "expose" them, but simply connect some dots for people who are confused and frustrated. 

The browser only matters in this scenario if you have perhaps a bad connection or poor connection to the internet. Some browsers cache data differently, some may process data more slowly, but in general, they're all the same. 

I believe what they're getting at here is primarily speed of your internet. Any time you update an item or create one, Square has these snippets of code that are responsible for sending your changes to a database in the cloud where all of your information and items are kept. That way the next time you visit your site again, or items via your app, your changes are still there and are effective!

However, this is most likely not your issue at all. If your "requests" [to change items or information] weren't being honored (aka. your requests were failing to submit due to some internet issue or browser problem), you would see errors occur in your platform. However, you don't see that I'm betting. 

The issue appears here (as I still have the same problem), it's simply a function of how Square has their database(s) and infrastructure set up. Ideally, any time you update an item, that item then has to be updated in at least two places (possibly two databases). Firstly, it updates in the "Square" database, which is why when you make those changes, your app and the Square portal can reflect them immediately. Essentially, it just works! It's because all of that data is housed and returned from the same database. However, there is also additional [perhaps duplicate] data (we'll say in a completely separate "Online store" database) for your online store that also have to be reconciled and updated to match your current changes/updates that were made in your Square portal and ultimately the "Square" database.

So why doesn't it update immediately like it used to. I have no clue. It could be that Square set a timer or checks for changes in your "Square" database every 15 minutes (or even longer). It could be that they're processing so many requests, their system deprioritizes item reconciliation, as it is less important than something like transactions for example. It also simply just could be a consequence of mass data, which can really weigh down a system that hasn't had the chance to fully be upgraded/optimized yet. All of these are possible.  

Again, I don't know any of this for sure, but I hopefully this provides some understanding. Again, these problems are complex and often take months if not years to fix! So this isn't a bash on Square Developers!:D Just hopefully helpful insight!

Message 10 of 60

Thats a load of dog dodo I use the the latest and best equipemnt out there and it doesnt make a difference. It's Square

Message 11 of 60
Beta Member

After creating a new item in Square, I typically visit the online store  (in this case our Square Weebly online store) and go to “manage store” to do things like add photos, write a description, etc. for the item. 

I’ve done this many times in the past without too much trouble. Occasionally, it might take a few minutes for the newly created item to show up over on the weebly side, but other than that it’s been fine. 

Now it’s literally taking hours for the new item to appear, and now I can’t get it to appear at all - other than on the weekly ios app! 
After waiting 4+ hrs the items I created earlier today are still not visible in the weebly inventory on my computer, but they did just suddenly show up on the app. 

It’s a challenge to edit details on the app so I need them to show up on the desktop version of weebly too!

Has something changed with this whole process that Im not getting? Is there an issue at Square that’s causing this issue for anyone else? 

Message 12 of 60
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @kwestport-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I reached out to our Square Online Store team and they have received reports recently from other sellers  of there being an item sync delay. It's something our engineers are aware of, and working hard to resolve. While the changes should reflect in a matter of minutes, we have heard of it taking a few hours.

Some troubleshooting steps in the meantime would be making sure you're using the browser Google Chrome, clearing your browsing history, and clearing you cache. I will post an update in here when/if I hear something about this delay issue being resolved. Really sorry for the inconvenience and concern this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 13 of 60

Bummer that this issue still exists 18 months after being called out yet we are paying monthly for our "service."

Message 14 of 60

Amen and their service fees are extremely higher than most.  Yet I havent changed companies because after a year anbd a half later it seems we would just be trading one **bleep** show for another.

Message 15 of 60

In my situation it is more than a delay, sometimes I have to refresh and publish the web page five to six times for the changes to actaully occur.  From my own experience scheduling a price or visibility change hardly ever actually works they way it's suppossed to. When I add a sale price that is different from the original price it 99% of the time by default makes the sale price the default price before the end of the day.  They are also doing system downloads at the worst possible time which is right in the middle of our peak lunch period that has tendencies to freeze the sytem instead of doing these downloads at 3:00am like every other corporation.  We have all new equiment, the fastest internet possible, and pay for the premium service through Square and it's a constant area of oppurtunity that unfortunately is not determined by our own actions but that of Square. 

Message 16 of 60

Message 17 of 60
Beta Member

@Joe_123 I have spoken with IT from Weebly and someone from Square a couple of times and just get told it's a bug but no fix date which is crazy to me, it's been a couple of months of this problem.  I believe the issue is with the VARIATION feature in Weebly.  The workaround I thought would work is by creating new ITEMS in Square instead of in Weebly but it's not working.  I can create a new ITEM in Square and it will sync but only if it is a single ITEM.  Here's the issue: when I create an ITEM and use the VARIATION feature in Square it DOES NOT sync with Weebly.  So now I have multiple ITEMS I have created in Square with variations (I need this feature as dozens of my ITEMS are different priced based on weight) and they don't show up in Weebly.  I have dozens of new ITEMS I need to create with VARIATIONS but I don't know if I should because they won't show up in Weebly.  What am I supposed to do????

Message 18 of 60

I had the same problem and just had to literally just had to stop trying it never worked. I unfortunately only had one choice which was create differrent items for the variations and or use the modifiers tool. 

Message 19 of 60

Trying to set up our line store and going mad here with the inventory.  I have sync turned on and my Square inventory for hte most part shows up in the Online store item list for me to the nmanually turn it visible.. am tracking inventory and all that good stuff. 

Now I just created about 5-10 new items online through the Square side - none of these items are showing up in hte online store item list for me to active in the online store...

Trying to find answers has taken me 3 hours and still dont know what might be going on - Any real hel pwould be greatly appreciated.

Would love to actually see a user manual for these things. Guess that makes me old huh?

Message 20 of 60
Admin

Hey @shiffera5- Wanting a user manual doesn't make you old at ALL! 🙂 Set up can get complicated from time to time in the Online Store.

Hopefully Joe can help out here. He goes through some tips and suggestions as to why that might be happening.

Let us know if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 21 of 60