x

How long does it take new items to sync with weebly online store?

New item not syncing with online store. How long does it take? What can I do to make it appear?

Message 1 of 60
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @BreadandButter 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! So happy that you joined us. Hopefully this space can prove to be a valuable resource as you look for creative solutions for your business.

Item integration to the Online Store is dependent upon the size of your item library as well as some other external factors such as browser version and even strength of internet connection. Are you receiving any kind of error message when trying to move your items over to the Online Store?

If the issues persists, it may be a good idea to flag this over to our Support Team. They can take a deeper look into your setup and determine if anything is off.

Feel free to shoot me back a response! I will keep an eye out - I want to make sure this gets resolved for you.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 60
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @kwestport-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I reached out to our Square Online Store team and they have received reports recently from other sellers  of there being an item sync delay. It's something our engineers are aware of, and working hard to resolve. While the changes should reflect in a matter of minutes, we have heard of it taking a few hours.

Some troubleshooting steps in the meantime would be making sure you're using the browser Google Chrome, clearing your browsing history, and clearing you cache. I will post an update in here when/if I hear something about this delay issue being resolved. Really sorry for the inconvenience and concern this has caused. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Hi there, @NewYorkDiscGolf

Appreciate you coming back to the Community. 

Thank you for your candor on how frustrating the delay in the syncing has been. If you haven't already, I would suggest contacting our Support Team directly. 

They will be able to take a deeper look into the lag you're seeing.  

Kassi
Message 43 of 60

We recently started adding SKUs to our retail items listed in Square so that they will be scannable by the POS. This will allow us to keep better track of the items currently available and make frequent updates whenever we get new products or a price changes. We are happy with most of the item management options and have also been getting great use of the catalog management through API.

However, whenever we make one of these changes (add new item or change existing item), they don't appear to be getting synchronized with our Square POS units until we log-out and back in! This must not be the only way to update our POS catalogs, what else can we do to make sure our items stay synchronized?

Message 44 of 60
Admin

Hi @Chucks-Kegs

We've been working through some syncing issues recently. Is your POS app up to date? You shouldn't be having to log out and back in every single time!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 45 of 60

Hi Nika,

Thanks for the link, but that appears to be a post about issues with Weebly. Our problems are involving the POS catalogs not staying synchronized. I don't know if it matters which devices we are using, but we recently upgraded and purchased new Square POS machines, so that shouldn't be the issue. Do you know why the catalog isn't syncing with the POS? Is this an unintended function for the catalog to only sync during logins? 

Message 46 of 60
Beta Member

Short answer: it takes too long. I will be leaving square for this reason (as well as no Mobile site for the Dashboard to add items)

Way too frustrating 

Message 47 of 60

This has been an aggravating two hours trying to get my items to show on my site. I've added the same item at least ten times now and it will never show and/or sync between square and weebly.

I added from weebly first, adding all info and variances, then saved. I then edited the stock of each variance. Saved. I then tried to make the product visible on my site, Saved, but then the product disappeared completely from my library. I have tried multiple times with and without variances adding first on weebly as well as adding the item first on square. Sometimes, the item will show up on weebly, but I can't edit inventory. It will say the sku is unavailable and to edit it in square. I go to square and it's not there. I've waited up to thirty minutes between and it still will not show on both sites. This is SUPER frustrating trying to run a web store!! Makes me want to punch the wall wishing it was a sqaure/weebly server... and it makes me want to change to a different web store service completely! 

The odd thing is.. sometimes everything will work fine. No issues... even with variances. Other times things just WILL NOT WORK. 

Message 48 of 60

Hi. I add 1-2 new event items to our online store each month. Since last year I have been having problems getting items that were created in Square Dashboard to appear in Square Online. We had no such issues with the original (non-Weebly) online store. I use Google Chrome and have cleared my browsing history and cache as per the recommendation at the top of this thread. The issue has not gone away.

Below are the steps I must take to add a new item to Square Online. I discovered this hack months ago after hours of frustration by employing my go to childhood video game strategy—button mashing. Steps 1-4 are optional and are completed only to see if the syncing problem has been resolved. If I am in crunch mode, I start with Step 5. Any help or better solutions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Create new item in Square Dashboard, including variations which I add by selecting a predefined Option.
  2. Wait. Depending on my schedule I may wait a few days before proceeding to Step 3.
  3. Check Square Online and see that the item is still not displaying when I go to the Add from Item Library page. (I manually add items because our Square Dashboard item library is mostly physical items that are only sold at our physical store.)
  4. Go to Square Dashboard and delete item.
  5. Create new item in Square Dashboard but do not include variations.
  6. Wait up to a few minutes.
  7. Check Square Online and see that the item is not appearing on the Add from Item Library page.
  8. Go to Square Dashboard, and from the Edit Item page, I toggle on the Online Checkout link. Save.
  9. Go back to the Edit Item page and toggle off the Online Checkout link. Save.
  10. Go back to the Edit Item page and click the Go to Square Online link under the heading Square Online Settings. If this link brings me to the Square Online Edit Item page, success! If it brings me to the Square Online main page, failure. Repeat steps 8 & 9 until the link brings me to the Edit Item page.
  11. Fill out only the fields that are required to save the item. Why? Because it won't allow me to save and displays the error "Something went wrong. Please try again." Click Cancel and acknowledge that there were unsaved changes.
  12. Now, only now, can I go to the Square Online Site Items page and have the item appear when I click Add from Item Library. Add item to Online site items.
  13. Click Edit Item and then click View in Square.
  14. From the Edit Item page in Square Dashboard I add my Options and Modifier Sets. Save.
  15. Go back to Square Online and to the Edit Item page to verify that Options and Modifiers not displaying.
  16. Click View in Square.
  17. From the Edit Item page in Square Dashboard I toggle the Online Checkout link, either on or off depending on its current state. Save.
  18. Go back to Square Online and to the Edit Item page.  The item now has my option with its 3 variations and my 1 modifier. I double check the item’s visibility because the last forced sync causes Square Online to change the visibility to Hidden and I fill in the required location and date fields. Save.
  19. Add the item to the Event section of our online store and click Publish.
Message 49 of 60

Hi @kmcsandiego Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for providing your detailed troubleshooting steps. This definitely sounds like it is not working properly, and I recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance. A rep can walk through adding an item with you, and will escalate this to the advanced support team as needed. 

You can reach the team with this link here. Make sure to choose "online store" if you see the prompt on the help screen. 😊

Message 50 of 60

P.S: I discovered that I can instantly push changes made to an existing item in the Dashboard to Online Store if I toggle the Online Checkout link (see previous comment) at the time the change is made. Doing this I immediately see the change in my online store... without doing this the online store item isn't updated for quite some time.

Message 51 of 60

I am having the same issue.  I'm working on my brother's site and cannot get past the inventory issue described above.   I've following the instructions and I can't get the inventory to connect with the Weebly online store. 

https://puffer-roske-farms.square.site/s/shop

I've backed out all the inventory just to see if I can get the inventory for 1 dozen brown eggs to update so I can move on to the next part.   

Message 52 of 60

Square Folks,

It has now been 1 year and 4 months since @BreadandButter's original post. Square sellers are now on Day 3 of yet another Performance Issues: Square Online Sync https://www.issquareup.com/

We were unable to sync item inventory quantities from Square Dashboard to Square Online earlier this afternoon.

Item inventory sync functionality between Square Dashboard and Square Online is mission-critical stuff - without it your sellers don't make money and you don't make money.

Message 53 of 60

i have this same issue. but its only certain items. i ended up having to call the support people and they had to add my items manually to my site. i was on the phone for over an hour and then still had to wait 30 minutes for it to be effective. i can not bring new items to my customers or make money with this issue. it worked perfectly fine when i first started using the ecommerce and now it takes forever to even work properly. when will this be fixed???

Message 54 of 60

Background syncing is a serious issue. Working in Square items, menus, categories, etc. and then moving to Square Online takes hours for most changes, additions, and updates to trickle through. In the end, some never seem to fully update. What actions should we take to take to speed up this process? What control do we have? It immensely impacts my ability to make changes to my online offerings that time up with promotional releases. This is costing my business opportunity and money, not to mention added frustration.

Message 55 of 60

Hi @elguapotaco - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post with an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. Please see the post from Joe marked as Best Answer in this thread.

You may also want to check out this article from our Support Center which outlines what will and will not sync via the Square Sync feature for Square Online Store.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Message 56 of 60

Hi there,

I created a bunch of items on the web, I am editing them in the app and trying to upload an image. I can see the image in the app but they aren't showing on the web version of my store?
Thank you!
Erin

Message 57 of 60
Super Seller

Sometimes there is a delay in uploading to web stores- not sure why it happens- but I would give it some time and then if it isn't working I'd definitely open a ticket with square.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 58 of 60

Hi @erodgers411 - Thank you for your post. We appreciate you reaching out to the Seller Community.

I have merged your question to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed Square Syncing delays. We merge duplicate comments and questions into one thread to make it easier for other Sellers to find the thread in the future.

Please see the responses marked as the Best Answers to this question from our Community Monitors @Joe and @isabelle

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Message 59 of 60

Is there anyone having sync problems in weebly? I can’t add new products since Wednesday. Very hard! 

Message 60 of 60