x
Admin

How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders

This post was updated by a community moderator on April 20, 2020 to reflect app improvements and feature enhancements.

Hello Seller Community,

As news changes by the minute, I see the new reality of social distancing changing my corner of the world. Our team also heard from a few restaurant owners within the Seller Community across the country and we wanted to offer some solutions that can help you find new ways to reach your customers.

If your restaurant faces reduced foot traffic or if your local government instructed you to pause operations, Square Online can help you continue with orders by enabling curbside pickup and local delivery.

How it works:

1. Your existing Item Library automatically imports into your Square Online site.
  2. Customer orders made via Square Online connect directly with your Square Point of Sale system.
  3. You won’t have to change your current process and can go forward with accepting online orders quickly.

If you haven't tried Square Online, check out this video for a comprehensive setup guide. Store owners and similar businesses should check out our tutorial for retailers instead.

For more specifics on enabling these features, have a look at these resources:

As we come together to face these challenges, I continue to be inspired by my friends, family, and my favorite local businesses. If any other sellers have questions or insight on what's worked well so far — please weigh in below.

Hope this helps you navigate through the days ahead, and we'll certainly keep you updated as we're able to remove obstacles!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110
Square Community Moderator

@IlPrimo01 I see what you are trying to do now! This feature would be great. However, our pickup & delivery settings are fairly new. Limiting the number of orders per every 15 minutes is not available at this time. Take a look at this thread between other sellers that have asked the same question. 

We appreciate your feedback and will make sure to post any updates here. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 106 of 111

I need to change the location in my Dashboard/Settings/Pickup & Delivery.  Several answers say to go to Pickup and Delivery and click edit Location.  I don't have that option.  I have a Set Up option only.  How do I change the location address?  I have it correctly in my Home/Account and Settings/Location, but it only syncs once so now i'm told I have to do it from the Dashboard settings.  I don't see an edit button.

Message 107 of 111
Alumni

Sounds like you don't have Pickup set up at all on your site. Hit Set Up to configure Pickup settings, then you'll see the edit location option. 

More info at the top of this thread. 

@lgurasich

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 108 of 111
Alumni

Eeek, actually from the Site editor, visit Settings > General. Does this help? @lgurasich

Justin
Message 109 of 111

I would like to allow customers to order and pay for their food online and then come to the trailer to pick up food. How is that setup and what does the customer need to place and pay for their order?

Message 110 of 111
Alumni

@Sparkys - Sounds like you're interested in Pickup using Square Online. Tom walks you through how to set this up here

Justin
Message 111 of 111