The embedded video in this post was updated by a community moderator on April 20, 2020 to reflect app improvements and feature enhancements.
Hello Seller Community,
As COVID-19 news changes by the minute, the new reality of social distancing is setting in. We also heard from a few restaurant/cafe owners and other retailers within the Seller Community and we wanted to offer some solutions that can keep your business running.
If your restaurant faces reduced foot traffic or if your local government instructs you to pause operations, our Square Online Store can help your business stay afloat by enabling you to take orders online for in-person pickup. We’ve also expedited the ability for you to offer curbside pickup and local delivery, and plan to make these features available this week.
How in-person pickup works:
- Your existing Item Library automatically imports into your Square Online Store.
- Customer orders made via Square Online Store connect directly with your Square Point of Sale system.
- You won’t have to change your current process and can go forward with accepting online orders quickly.
Set up Curbside Pickup:
- Sign into the online Square Dashboard, follow the onboarding steps, and turn on in-store pickup.
- To turn on Curbside Pickup, click the checkbox to turn on curbside pickup for the appropriate location. Note that you must have a phone number set for your location in order to use curbside pickup. The phone number is given to customers who request curbside pickup during checkout. You can use the Edit location details link to add or edit your phone number. To see what it looks like, check out the video below:
How to View Your Orders:
There are a number of ways to view your orders within Square. If you're using Square on a tablet then the notification will display within the Point of Sale app. You can view a list of active orders via the "Orders" section of the app (Note: this feature is unavailable on POS for phones at this time)
You can also view orders via the Orders section of your online dashboard. You can do this by logging into your Square account via the web browser on your phone, tablet or from a computer or laptop!
Finally, you'll receive emailed reminders each time a customer places an order at your Square Online Store 👍
Don't forget your customers can also select delivery from your online store! You can charge for delivery or set free delivery for orders that meet certain conditions (eg over a certain amount). Learn more about setting up online orders with Square here.
As we band together to combat the spread of the coronavirus, I see how these efforts impact friends, family, and my favorite local businesses. If any other sellers have questions or insight on what's worked well so far — please weigh in below.
Hope this helps you navigate through the days ahead, and we'll certainly keep you updated as we're able to remove obstacles!
"Don't forget your customers can also select delivery from your online store! You can charge for delivery or set free delivery for orders that meet certain conditions (eg over a certain amount)"
"We'll also be releasing a "Local Delivery" option in the coming days"
It's been almost a week
It's up now @Rancho,
From your Online Store Dashboard go to Settings > Pickup and Delivery. You'll then be able to toggle on Local Delivery and edit delivery settings!
It was grayed out for me all day whilst I was setting up our online store. You guys came through just as we opened for business. Have already started getting some online orders requesting delivery so hopefully this can help my restaurant get through these hard times
Glad we could help @Rancho, let us know if you have any questions! If you need technical support you can call also call our team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!