x

How to change domain for instagram shopping?

I use Square Ecommerce through Weebly. When I was trying to get my account approved for Instagram shopping, the domain came up with the first part of my domain but ending in .weebly.com instead of .square.site. I don't know if this is a problem that needs to be fixed through my Facebook business manager (if so I do not know how to do so) or through Square. If you could please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same problem, or if someone knows how to help.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @CallieR,

Have you gone through this page already on using Instagram Shopping?

This article might be able to answer your questions for ya. If not it very well may be something you'd need to reach out to Facebook about since it's through business manager. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31

Best Answer

I finally figured this out - I had to update my instagram app for one thing. The option to switch domains wasn't available without the update. Then in the app I went to Settings > Business > Shopping > Website. There it listed my product catalogs with both the weebly.com and square.site domains. The "wrong" domain was selected, and so I switched to the other one. After a few hours that was approved and the "right" catalog was available. 

View Best Answer >

Message 23 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Best Answer

Hey @CallieR,

Have you gone through this page already on using Instagram Shopping?

This article might be able to answer your questions for ya. If not it very well may be something you'd need to reach out to Facebook about since it's through business manager. 

Ashley C
Message 2 of 31

Did you fix this already??

I have the same issue.

thank you

Message 3 of 31

I have the same problem!!! It has an ending of 'weebly.com' in facebook but I keep being directed to my own domain '.com' which I am not using while I am on the free 'square.site' version...help!!!

I cannot verify my domain if I don't know how to access it!

Message 4 of 31

Hey @ejules67 can you try adding your domain in your Facebook Business Settings and see if that propagates over to Instagram: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain/#add-your-dom...

I hope this fixes it, but as always please let me know if not.

AshleyK
Message 5 of 31

Ashley,

Unfortunately the link you provided does not resolve the issue for me. At this time there does not seem to be a way to change the shopping domain for Instagram forcing one into an endless loop. I've reached out to Facebook support but am not expecting a timely reply, if one at all. I will update with any information I can get.

Perhaps someone at Square could get more traction on this issue as a Facebook Developer?

Message 6 of 31

Hey @thepetergray,

If the above link doesn't resolve your issue- I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS team who can take a closer look.

Ashley C
Message 7 of 31

Hello! My domain on FB is right, but not the one I see on IG, how can I change it? That link doesn't help me 😞 

Message 8 of 31

Hey @joanavalls - Sorry to hear that none of the suggestions above helped. I would try to unlink your account and link it again. In the meantime, I'll look for more resources. 

Let me know if this worked?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 31

Facebook and Instagram are using my square.site domain.  I noticed when I clicked on a link in my Instagram shop to the Web site, it connected first as weebly first and then resolved to square.site.  So I don't know if I should have used the weebly address? 

When I try to tag a product in my Instagram shop I get the message "This product does not use the domain you selected for Instagram Shopping."   

When I go to my Product shop to add products I get the message "no products founds"

Message 10 of 31

Hello @annmartina. Can I please get your website URL?

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 31

Has anyone figured this out? I came from Shopify and my instagram still has the domain as my Shopify domain but I don't know how to change it to my square name.

Message 12 of 31

ah-ha-jewelry.square.site

Message 13 of 31

Have you tried to disconnect your domain and reconnect with the domain name you are using for your Square Online Store? If this does not work, please give our Customer Success Team a call to help you troubleshoot further. 

Thank you @annmartina.

Sayra
Message 14 of 31

Hi Sayra thanks for your suggestion but that did not resolve the issue for me. How can I speak with a member of the customer success team? The link you provided just goes to a support website.

In my case my website domain was originally mydomain.square.site and then i changed it to mydomain.us 
This new domain has been verified already and the shopping works on the facebook page associated with my account.

However on Instagram is still says that it wants me to verify my domain of mydomain.square.site
This looks like something that would need to be configured in facebook business manager but i dont see anything on their help site how this can be achieved. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated! 

Message 15 of 31

Take a look at @isabelle  post where she goes over how to update your DNS settings, this is one thing you can try. If this does not work, please contact us here.

@ezvibes 

Sayra
Message 16 of 31

I am also getting this message. I seem to have both the square and weebly domains listed in fb, and previously had no troubles, but lately new items I've been adding in square are being imported with the square domain and instagram seems to only accept the weebly domain. I can manually change the item link to weebly in my fb catalog, and that worked the first time I did it, but isn't working now. Does someone know how to remedy this?

Message 17 of 31

Hello @spartridge. On this platform, troubleshooting your account when it comes to domains and Facebook can be challenging. If your domain was working fine but now it seems to be giving you an error, we may need to look into the back end of things. However, there are additional troubleshooting steps to take. Please give our Customer Success Team a call to help you further, they will also be able to open a ticket if it's an account-specific issue. 

Thank you!

Sayra
Message 18 of 31

Since multiple people on Square are having this issue with Instagram, it would be nice if a technical person from Square would contact a technical person at Facebook and try to get to the bottom of this, instead of many customers receiving suggestions that don't work and wasting a lot of time for people. 

Message 19 of 31

Hi there - just wanted you to know you are not alone. My IG shopping feed has been working perfectly for months. Linked to my square store and worked up until at least December 4. Now I cannot tag items without getting the same message "this product does not use the domain you selected for IG Shopping". I think something recently changed in the background between Square and FB... as I did not change anything and it had been working fine previously. I wish they would figure this out so it would start working.... the worst time of year for products to not be able to be posted to our feeds. 

Message 20 of 31

This also happened to me around the same time. Have you fixed it yet. It’s definitely something between FB/insta/domain sites HELP!! I’ve been trying for months now..

Message 21 of 31