x

How to change domain for instagram shopping?

I use Square Ecommerce through Weebly. When I was trying to get my account approved for Instagram shopping, the domain came up with the first part of my domain but ending in .weebly.com instead of .square.site. I don't know if this is a problem that needs to be fixed through my Facebook business manager (if so I do not know how to do so) or through Square. If you could please let me know if anyone is experiencing the same problem, or if someone knows how to help.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @CallieR,

Have you gone through this page already on using Instagram Shopping?

This article might be able to answer your questions for ya. If not it very well may be something you'd need to reach out to Facebook about since it's through business manager. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31

Best Answer

I finally figured this out - I had to update my instagram app for one thing. The option to switch domains wasn't available without the update. Then in the app I went to Settings > Business > Shopping > Website. There it listed my product catalogs with both the weebly.com and square.site domains. The "wrong" domain was selected, and so I switched to the other one. After a few hours that was approved and the "right" catalog was available. 

View Best Answer >

Message 23 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

I wrote into Customer Support, who told me it was a FB issue and to change my settings there and verify my account. This had all been done prior, and once I mentioned this and that my fed worked perfectly until Dec 4 and now hasn't worked since.... then the representative said Support would add my name to the ticket created for the larger issue. Haven't heard anything from them since. So they must know the issue exists but have not fixed it. Frustrated to not be able to use my social feeds with my Square store for over 2 months now. Hope they fix it soon!! 

Message 22 of 31

Best Answer

I finally figured this out - I had to update my instagram app for one thing. The option to switch domains wasn't available without the update. Then in the app I went to Settings > Business > Shopping > Website. There it listed my product catalogs with both the weebly.com and square.site domains. The "wrong" domain was selected, and so I switched to the other one. After a few hours that was approved and the "right" catalog was available. 

Message 23 of 31

Which one ended up being correct.... the square site, I assume? I tried this about a month ago too, but it said my square site was not approved as a domain selling my products, even though my weebly domain is listed as approved and has all of my merchandise listed... but this is the one that says incorrect domain when I try tagging. So I am not sure what else to try next. I'll ask them to review again if you can confirm that the square domain made this work for you. Thank you so much! 

Message 24 of 31

Currently, the domain that is working for me is square.site

Message 25 of 31

This is an easy fix: go to the Instagram app, click on settings > business > shopping > website (update your domain here).

Message 26 of 31

Unfortunately that did not work. I tried updating the domain and it did nothing. So still nothing can be tagged in FB or IG from my shop. 

Message 27 of 31

Tried this, but didn't work - realized I needed to update the app. 

Message 28 of 31

Be sure to update the instagram app, or the option to switch domains will not be available.

Message 29 of 31

This thead didn't supply much hope, but we finally cracked it. You can change the domain by disconnecting instagram from your shopify page (NOT from the business manager).
- Ensure your business manager domain has your desired domain verified in the https://business.facebook.com/settings/owned-domains/ URL.
- Then go to https://www.facebook.com/YOUR_PAGE_NAME/settings/?tab=instagram_management and disconnect instagram. 
- (In the instagram app on your phone, you will notice that under settings you no longer have access to "business".)
- Now, reconnect instagram at the same place you disconnected. 
- Go to instagram app on your phone, you will now have the settings->business->shopping->website link. YAY. 
- Change the website, and wait for it to be approved. A short time later it should be all ok. 

Message 30 of 31

Yikes, sorry I meant disconnecting from your "facebook" page - not shopify. 

Message 31 of 31