x

How to "gray-out" or "X-out" options automatically once that specific item option is out of stock

All,

(Question in 2nd paragraph, 1st paragraph for context): When listing an item with multiple options, typically I will require the customer to pick one (or more) option. Further, I'll typically only have stock listed at (1) per option. However — the option interface does not visibly change (grayed-out, "X" through it, etc.) when that option has been purchased and is out of stock (other than very small "out of stock" text located far below the options, at the bottom of the screen). This results in customers having to click through every option one-by-one (a pain, if you have 20+ options) to see which ones remain in stock. I wish there was a clear visible representation of this when looking at the entire option population as a whole.

Anyone know how to have your options automatically marked w/ an "X" through them/change color/etc. once the option has been selected, purchased, and is out of stock? Please tag me @cr-cards in your response. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hi hi @cr-cards - sorry to see some friction has brought you to the Seller Community

This would technically be considered a feature request, but more specifically, this is a great User Experience (UX) suggestion. The behavior described above is expected, but I absolutely understand how the user experience would be improved by out of stock options appearing as such without your customers being required to click on the option to be notified that the item option is not available. 

I'm bubbling this feedback up to our product team - thanks for your detailed explanation of why this would be valuable to you 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3