x

How to remove the delivery address lightbox

Hi,

Every time I click the Order Online link, when it takes me to the Order Online page, the first thing it pops up is always asking for the delivery address. I would expect this pop up appear when the customer checks out in the end. 

Is there a way to modify this behavior?

Thank you very much!

SquareDeliveryDetail.PNG

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @wangjueliang,

Thanks for your feedback!

The reason this box appears there is to check whether or not the customer is actually eligible for delivery before they get all the way to the end of the transaction. This aims to mitigate the frustration and disappointment a customer may feel by getting to the end of the transaction and then being told they are not eligible for delivery.

There's no way to modify this at the moment, however I will pass on your feedback to the Ecommerce team!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @wangjueliang,

Thanks for your feedback!

The reason this box appears there is to check whether or not the customer is actually eligible for delivery before they get all the way to the end of the transaction. This aims to mitigate the frustration and disappointment a customer may feel by getting to the end of the transaction and then being told they are not eligible for delivery.

There's no way to modify this at the moment, however I will pass on your feedback to the Ecommerce team!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 9

I am looking to have this removed as well because it limits me from creating a Facebook ad with the pop up being the first thing seen.  My ad was rejected due to this happening.  I need to limit the delivery locations and feeling a bit in a catch 22 situation.

Message 3 of 9

Hi Seamus,

Has this delivery pop-up been removed as yet? I've spoken to several website designers and SEO experts and they believe this is driving a significant amount of customers away from our site. We can see the logic behind it, but as a business owner we should be able to make the decision on whether to turn this functionality on or off.

If you can turn this pop off as soon as possible, it would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Mike

Message 4 of 9
Admin

Hey @Steak-Out,

From the order page in the "Menu" template this still works the same - I'm happy to pass your feedback on, however I don't know if this is something that we plan on changing, or adding functionality to make it optional.

I think the design philosophy here is that we still need to check a customer's address to make sure they actually qualify for delivery, and I don't think there'd be a scenario where our team would allow a customer to get to the end of the checkout flow and then say "sorry, you're not eligible to order". Thinking about how I personally order food online for delivery, address entry is required to use apps like Uber Eats and Menulog, and is done so prior to being able to browse menus. As a customer I'd be pretty peeved if I got to the point of checking out, only to be told I'm not eligible to order!

Do you have any examples of how other online ordering apps or platforms handle this in a preferable way though?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 9

Hi Seamus, I understand the philosophy behind it but weโ€™re finding our drop out rates through the site are High and weโ€™re getting feedback from clients they wonโ€™t proceed until they can see a menu. 
many are worried about data collection and what is done with their information. 
it should be made optional for clients as it is our business - your platform which we pay for the privilege to use. 
let us know how you go please 

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I am also requesting this be removed please as it is a barrier to the customers experience.
Following this thread to hopefully see a future outcome.. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hey @Auri,

Thanks for the feedback!

Are you using delivery radius restrictions at the moment at all, or limited delivery to certain post codes?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Amazing! Thank you so much for your help, this now works ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 9