x
Admin

How to set up and sell an online donation item for your business or non-profit organization

As communities work together and find ways to support one another during these uncertain times, you may consider offering a donation item on your Square Online store. Non-profit organizations can also follow the steps below to set up a donation item.

With Square Online, you can quickly set up a donation item to give your customers the opportunity to support a charitable organization, or to support your business. Your donation item could also be used to accept virtual tips to support your employees.

With a donation item, you can set suggested donation amounts, but you may also allow your customers to set up their own amounts.

How to add a donation item to your online store:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview Page.
  2. Go to Items > Item Library > Create new item.
  3. Under Item Type, select Donation.
  4. Set up the new donation item, and include donation amounts of your own.
    1. You may also toggle ON letting your customers set custom donation amounts.
  5. Save the new item.
  6. Add it to your site and publish it.

To learn more, please check out this help article.

sos-ep-donations-live-site.png

Get Started with Square Online: Visit our Support Centre to learn how to set up your Square Online store, and how to start selling online.

If you sell food items, check out this post to how to sell online and allow for pickup orders

We hope you’re safe and well. We want to make sure you have the tools you need to manage your business, so if you have any questions about setting up a donation item, please reply here to let us know.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hey @Helen the 'learn how to set up your store' link doesn't seem to be working 😞

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @Michael_L

Thanks for letting us know that the link is not working, we will look into it. 

Have a great day!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for flagging this @Michael_L! I've just updated the link - sorry for the trouble - we have a brand new article all about how to get started with Square Online.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

Hello, 

The donation that I had setup stopped working. After trying many times to fix, I decided to delete and create a new one , the same issue happened again. After publishing , it says that its not available. 🤔

Please help!

Link here

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @igorramade 👋

I just took a look at the page you linked, but I was able to add a donation to the cart. without an issue. Were you able to sort this out, or do you still see an error on your end? 

Thanks! 😊

Message 6 of 6