x

How to turn off "Your order will be ready for pickup" information in confirmation email?

How can I turn off or set a specific date and time for the "Your order will be ready for pickup" in the confirmation email? I want to sell an item that has a specific pickup date and time range. The information being automatically to added confirmation email is wrong! 

The settings will not let me set a specific date, just a variable (hour, day, week).  This isn't obvious until you complete a transaction and the email is sent.

This has made a simple task (adding a item to the online store) and made is really irritating. The concept of sending that information is pretty cool, but.... Now it is hard to add item to a online store with a specific pick up date. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @andy5 The text you see in the order confirmation email will show if you are allowing pickups without scheduling allowed. The day and time displayed will be based off of your next available business day hours. 

You might be able to use the scheduled pickup option, along with adding restricted dates to your business hours. Both settings can be found under Settings>Pickup & Delivery>Edit Location. 

If you incorporate the above settings, and someone chooses the option for "schedule for later" at checkout, their email will provide the specific date/time for pickup. Caveat; it is not possible to turn off the "as soon as possible" option at checkout, so some customers may pick that option on accident. 

For your situation, I would try editing your business hours for the day of the week and the time frame you intend to allow pickups under Hours. Then scroll down to restrict the same days on the calendar leading up to the date you will offer. For example, if you only want people to pick up on Friday, March 12th, restrict all of the Fridays leading up to this date. 

Also make sure to toggle on the option to allow scheduled deliveries under Order Timing.

Hopefully that will help, but please let us know how it goes. 

Message 2 of 8

Our operation is by appointment only with time sensitive stock.  Anyway to make an option to disable the "Order timing settings" all together?

Message 3 of 8

@Marker99 Are you referring to wanting custom prep times for each order that comes in?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

If it can be made date specific yes but easier if the feature can be turned off.  We operate by appointment with date sensitive product and modifiers that are date specific as well.  Prior to the switch from square to weebly there was no issue, an order would roll in, we would review it and coordinate with the customer.  

Message 5 of 8

@Marker99 There is no way to do this directly, but you have a few options you can consider. 

1: Making your items fulfillment method as "digital download" will allow you to escape the prep time issue until you're ready to get the product to your customer.

2: Extend your prep time and leave a note on your website that you will call them once the order is placed to arrange a pickup time. 

Both have downsides of potentially being confusing to your customers, but I think with banners explaining the process, you can address a large part of that. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the follow up but option 2 is unprofessional and what I am currently doing which causes needless confusion.  I looked at option 1 but I see it creates a notice in the cart about it being a digital download.  Unless I can edit that message this will cause as much issues as option 2.  

Need a real solution.

Message 7 of 8

@AshleyK I went back thru some other threads and saw where the "Service" Item type might work because it does not have the pickup time feature.  Anyway to create a new Item Type that is a hybrid of Product and Service, maybe Product Lite?  A product feature without all the bells and whistles.

Message 8 of 8