x

I have selected 3 rules for shipping based on weight, but it always defaults to the first option.

The 3 rules are weight based.  I assume that when a customer orders our products (or a variety of our products) that the weight of each product is tallied for the shipping calculation, but it would seem that it just defaults to the first cheapest option no matter how much is order. 

Please assist!

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

@EarthApple thanks for posting! Does each of your items have a weight assigned to them or do you have any other shipping settings that you set up?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Yes, each item has a weight. As far as I know I only set up shipping according to weights.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@EarthApple Do you have any weights entered for their item variations? If not, it will use first rate since that starts at zero. Also, you will need to make sure there are no gaps in your weight settings, like having your weight/price differences for from 2 to 5.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Ok, yes interesting. Right now I have each variation named as such

500g

1.5kg

2kg

etc..

And it is listed as per item rather than weight.

This might be the problem.

However, I don't know how to list each item so that the customer has to buy 500g rather than have the choice of entering a weight.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your help on this!

Shirlene

Message 5 of 6

Hi EarthApple,

were you able to solve this issue? I am having a similar one.

Message 6 of 6