x
Beta Member

Images in orders not showing

Only in last few weeks images of items ordered online are not showing up in orders ...the same product image is viewable on website and within the epos, just a blank picture in “orders” which can cause a bit of trouble when you have 8 similar items then you have to resort to matching a barcode rather than visually knowing what item it is from the picture.

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @CM2Balloons, sorry to hear this! Are you viewing the orders on your Square Dashboard through a web browser or on your Square app?

If it's through your Dashboard, please try the following steps and see if that would help:

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.

If it's through your Square app, it's worth checking that the app is fully up-to-date. Deleting and re-installing the app can help as well.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

it’s on store iPads and also on my iPad and iPhone, I can manually search for a product in items in app and will show me the product along with the image, but when I receive a online order all images are blank. Please help

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

I’ve just deleted app, reinstalled and still no images in orders

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @CM2Balloons! I'm going to check in with the eCommerce team on my end and see if they can help clarify this issue. I'll be sure to reach back out once I have more information.

Tra
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Since then my app has told me to move over to the retail app, pictures still not showing in the retail app but seems like even more things going wrong in that app as orders don't pop up as a notification on-screen in retail app like they did in the normal square for iPad app (not ideal when we have pickups within an hour)

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @CM2Balloons, I've received an update from the team and the images not showing is a bug within the system. The issue should be resolved with the upcoming app update; I'm waiting to confirm when the update will be rolled out before I can update the thread properly.

At the moment, it's a known limitation that the Retail app will pulled information about upcoming orders but it won't show the same notification as the Square Point of Sale app. Once the new update is rolled out, I'd recommend switching back to the Square Point of Sales app instead. 

Tra
Message 7 of 7