x

Is there a way to remove shipping as a fulfillment option on my Square Online site?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: remove shipping option

is there a way to remove the shipping option? we will only be using delivery as this has geo-fencing and pick up at 1 location.

Message 1 of 21
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

You don't have to offer shipping, @renaldo_fruits!

You'll start by selecting the item you'd like to edit, then scroll to the Fulfillment section of the Edit Item page.

If you don't want to offer shipping as a fulfillment option, you'll want to make sure that Shipping is unchecked:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.29.31 AM.png

If you'd like to make it so that each new item you add is set for Pickup - or something other than Shipping - as the default fulfillment method, you can take care of this as well. Head over to your website editor, then select Settings/Shared Settings > Checkout - you'll see this at the top of your screen, and click the Advanced settings button.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.32.11 AM.png

Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the Default fulfillment method section - make sure the Shipping circle is not selected! 

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.30.39 AM.png

This article was updated by a moderator in October 2020 to include an updated screenshot of the Fulfillment methods settings

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Alumni

Best Answer

You don't have to offer shipping, @renaldo_fruits!

You'll start by selecting the item you'd like to edit, then scroll to the Fulfillment section of the Edit Item page.

If you don't want to offer shipping as a fulfillment option, you'll want to make sure that Shipping is unchecked:

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.29.31 AM.png

If you'd like to make it so that each new item you add is set for Pickup - or something other than Shipping - as the default fulfillment method, you can take care of this as well. Head over to your website editor, then select Settings/Shared Settings > Checkout - you'll see this at the top of your screen, and click the Advanced settings button.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.32.11 AM.png

Scroll down a bit, and you'll see the Default fulfillment method section - make sure the Shipping circle is not selected! 

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 10.30.39 AM.png

This article was updated by a moderator in October 2020 to include an updated screenshot of the Fulfillment methods settings

Valentina
Message 2 of 21
Beta Member

I am having the same issue. None of my items have the shipping fulfillment option highlighted but shipping is still an option when ordering.

Message 3 of 21

Hi I've been working through this thread and can't seem to get shipping removed from a fulfillment method upon checkout on my site. Any help?

Message 4 of 21

I recently figured mine out , I removed the sales tax . And then it was removed from my check out section . Iโ€™ll see if I can get a screen shot of it 

Message 5 of 21

Hello, I still can't get it off my checkout page following your direction. Is there another way?

Message 6 of 21

I can follow along until the 'Default Item Fulfillment' stage. My editor isn't showing that as an option.

Is there any other way to disable shipping? We don't ship any items so this is frustrating.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 21
Alumni

Since I wrote the Best Answer highlighted here, some things have changed in the Square Online overview pages!

I've gone ahead and updated the Best Answer to reflect the current ways you can edit fulfillment options.

If you are still running into troubles, please let me know @Domenic + @Katsu โœจ

Valentina
Message 8 of 21
Beta Member

Hi @Valentina 

I've made the necessary changes to my website;

• made sure shipping is not selected as the default fulfillment option 
  • None of my items have shipping as a possible fulfillment option

However, I am still greeted with this screen when browsing the store. Please advise

Screenshot

Message 9 of 21
Alumni

Can you please let me know if you are still seeing the Shipping fulfillment option, @Katsu?

Valentina
Message 10 of 21
Beta Member

Thank you @Valentina 
I no longer see the shipping fulfillment option! Thank you very much๐Ÿ˜

Message 11 of 21

How did you get it off?

Message 12 of 21

Hello all! I am having a hard time removing the โ€œshipping sectionโ€ on the checkout screen. Ive removed shipping as my fulfillment options, but it still ask for shipping info. Any other tips ?

Message 13 of 21
Agency Partner

@Valentina Hi Valentina, I am having the same issue as mentioned in this thread although I have setup the default fulfill settings to pick up here - https://couve-boba-tea.square.site/

Any advice how to resolve this? 

Message 14 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hello @superwoman27

I only see pick up as an option in that particular website. Is there a specific item that's causing issues?

Thank you!

Frances
Message 15 of 21
Agency Partner

Figured it out, thank you!

Message 16 of 21

If you go to "Site Items" page, Click the check box next to the word "Items" which will select all items in the store.

To the Right "Bulk edit" button will appear, click it.

Mouse down to "set Fulfillment", from there you can check which boxes you want and click the blue "set Fulfillment" button at the top of the pop-up.

If you don't select shipping, it will remove the option.

Message 17 of 21
Beta Member

Any updates on fixing this issue? It looks like it's still persisting - at least for the Online Checkout when creating a Link (for "sell classes or tickets"). Maybe it was fixed for the Online Shopping/Shop, but not for the Online Checkout (custom link).

Here's my checkout Link: https://square.link/u/eDOEwYts

The shipping field (which is also mandatory) is still there when checking out, even though I have disabled the fulfilment and the Item settings itself. If I go to the Online Checkout settings, I can't disable the "Delivery" option, it forces me to select at least one fulfilment method.

I sell tickets for the events at my restaurant, and my customers get confused when they have to fill the mandatory shipping fields, as they think they will receive an item at home, instead of having to attend the restaurant event.

On the other hand, if the shipping field disappears, there's no way I can collect the customer name/email/telephone (address not needed). I can create a Custom Field, but this is limited to 2 Custom Fields maximum.

Still not a solution.

The BUG persists, and it's been over 2 years since it's been highlighted !!

www.hopp.bio/munchyhub
www.munchyhub.com
www.munchyhub.square.site
Message 18 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @PeterIstrate I understand this is frustrating and would like to help in any way I can. Let's try removing "enabling shipping." If the issue still exists I would recommend letting our Square Online Team know this is still occuring so they can file a ticket with our engineers. For account security, we cannot take those actions here. You can reach them at  squ.re/contactsqsupport.  I do see @superwoman27 stated she figured it out, perhaps she can provide some insight as well. Thank you for working with us on this! 

Message 19 of 21
Beta Member

Hi Maya.

Thanks for the help. That's exactly the feature I've tried to disable but it can't be disabled. As I said, when I disable it, I get an error message saying "Please select at least one fulfilment method", and then it gets enabled back on.

I have raised this with the support.

www.hopp.bio/munchyhub
www.munchyhub.com
Message 20 of 21
Beta Member

Is there a way to remove the Shipping method (from the greeting screen, when the website is loading for the first time)? By removing it I meant to make it disappear completely, so it won't be visible to customers or anyone else as an option to select.

We still have customers that are confused between Delivery and Shipping, and they keep selecting the wrong one all the time.

I tried all the methods listed above (and in other threads) by other people but it's still not working for me. I still can't get rid of Shipping.

It would be good if Shipping was disabled through a general switch, as a whole fulfilment method, instead.

www.hopp.bio/munchyhub
www.munchyhub.com
Message 21 of 21