x

Is there an option for free samples?

I would like to have the option for my customers to order samples for free whether they make a purchase or not. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@Bubblyeptx If you are talking about an online store type transaction the only work around I know is to make a coupon code that applies only to the specific category or the specific items.  So you would create the sample items and put a nominal price on them of say .01 or whatever and then have the coupon code be a 100% discount that applies only to that item or category.  Yes, you would have to provide some instruction, but the customer could effectively order the samples for a penny or get them free using the coupon code.

I use a 100% coupon code to do online order testing for my restaurant so I can see the ordering system in real time with a real order without having to run my credit card.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Oh ok. That's a good idea! Thank you. 

Message 3 of 3