x

Issue: Where can I find the information collected via Custom Field on Square Online Checkout links?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Checkout link Custom Fields

I have been able to successfully set-up 2 custom fields. I now have a sale that has entered data in to those fields. But i cannot see this information anywhere.

I've checked - Invoice, Receipt, Transaction. Anyone know where the data entered in the custom fields is displayed? Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 15
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Issue: Where can I find the information collected via Custom Field on Square Online Checkout ...

This option has been disabled for Subscription links, as custom fields were not working properly.
There is work required by our teams to ensure that Subscription links will be able to use custom form fields correctly.

We'll drop by with an update when we have one to share here!

Verified Answer

Re: Checkout link Custom Fields

Thank you for confirming what you're seeing is impacted.

This is a known issue that our team is looking into, @chbmx.

I've gone ahead and bubbled this post up to the team looking into this - thank you for flagging.

I'll be back with an update here when I have one to share.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Are you able to share the link with us here, @chbmx?

Is it a recurring payment subscription?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15

Hello, thanks for the reply @Valentina  . Yes it’s a monthly subscription. The custom fields aren't shown on the email confirmation, and i can't find them in the reports anywhere.

Link here - https://checkout.square.site/merchant/MLXZ9M0035ZK5/checkout/OZO2A3ILSYSQPQ6PUGJDODCZ?src=embed

Message 3 of 15
Alumni

Thank you for confirming what you're seeing is impacted.

This is a known issue that our team is looking into, @chbmx.

I've gone ahead and bubbled this post up to the team looking into this - thank you for flagging.

I'll be back with an update here when I have one to share.

Valentina
Message 4 of 15

Hello, I am also having this same issue. Any update please?

Message 5 of 15

Hello @Valentina has there been any progress on this bug? Thanks

Message 6 of 15

Having the same issue with my checkout link! 

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

This option has been disabled for Subscription links, as custom fields were not working properly.
There is work required by our teams to ensure that Subscription links will be able to use custom form fields correctly.

We'll drop by with an update when we have one to share here!

Valentina
Message 8 of 15

Please hurry with this update!! all of my sales come from the subscription buttons!!

Message 9 of 15

Hello @Valentina I saw this functionality being advertised in your newsletter. Does this mean it's now fixed?

Thanks 

Message 10 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @chbmx

it looks like it is still only possible to add custom fields to checkout links that are created at a one-time frequency. Hopefully we'll be able to launch an update that allows you to create the custom fields on recurring payment subscriptions soon.  

Message 11 of 15

Hello @BernadetteA has there been any update on this?

Message 12 of 15

Thanks for checking in, @chbmx

I don't see any updates at this time, but we will make sure to update the thread if anything changes. 

Message 13 of 15

Is there any update to this at all? Its quite a key feature for me to have. Currently I cannot find an answer to whether its been fixed or not

Message 14 of 15

Hi @englishJJ,

I appreciate you checking if this feature has been implemented. I am not seeing any further update at this time. 

We want to ensure this feature works correctly before rolling it out. But I do understand how important having this function is, so I do greatly appreciate your patience! 

We will certainly update this post once this feature has been implemented. 

Message 15 of 15