x

Issues with shipping profiles- Square Online

Hey there everyone. 

Not sure if you guys would be able to help but I'm curious, am I doing something wrong? I have set up shipping profiles on my square online website. I created one default, and one custom one. The default one is Australia all states and territories, and covers all items.  

The custom one is also Australia but doesn't include all states and territories, as 5 of our products can only be shipped to certain parts of Australia due to our distribution network. 

All shipping profiles work correctly when first set up. Exactly how I configured them above. I tested this by added something to cart on my website, and pretending to checkout. But once or twice a day the items selected within the "custom" shipping profile are removed all of the sudden, and the default shipping profile will then take over.   

To work around this I just made a reminder on my phone to check the shipping profiles twice a day, and correct them if they remove themselves again. As I just assumed it was square/Weebly updating their platform, which in the past has caused things like this to happen. But are usually resolved within days, with another update. But I've been correcting them manually for almost 12 days now, and it's getting tiring. Anyone have any suggestions on what I am doing wrong? or is this some technical error? 

I checked the information on squares website about shipping profiles. I could not see anywhere where you cannot add two countries in a custom and default profile at the same time. I could one see that you cannot have two default profiles with the same country. 

Matthew Barry Wilkins
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @MW21,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

This sounds like a strange and frustrating issue - to be honest I've never heard of anything like this before 🤔

Your best bet here is going to be giving our support team a call.

They will be able to view how all your shipping rates are set up, which is something we're not able to do via our forum. If they can't solve the issue they'll also be able to file a bug report, which is sort of what this sounds like on the face of it (though I couldn't say for sure without being able to view your account setup).

You can call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time! If they are able to solve this for you please report back in case we see other sellers with the same issue in the future 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I have exactly the same problem. Enter in details in a new shipping profile, then save, and all is good. Then 10 or 15 seconds later it removes the data entered into that shipping profile and defaults to a different rate. 

I have a feeling it has something to do with the address entered in the "Shipping From" section. At least in my case, that is all I can conclude.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Camfquinn

Sorry to hear you've got issues with your shipping profile - please get in touch with our CS team so we can take a closer look. You can reach us on 1800 760 137, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST. 

Message 4 of 7

Hey you will have to speak with square themselves. I called them and they took about a week to fix the issue. but it's now working correctly on my end. Not sure what caused it as they didn't tell me. 

Matthew Barry Wilkins
Message 5 of 7

Square (Isaac) have sorted it out and all is working fine now.

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Glad to hear your shipping settings are working for you now @Camfquinn 🙂

Message 7 of 7