x
Beta Member

Item Syncing slowly getting worse

Been using square->square online together for a few months now. However, starting to see some syncing of items/variation failing and it seems to be getting worse.

First, I was having issues with a few of the items images. Images were added to square but not synced up to the site. Usually just re adding them to either square or square online would fix the issue.

The end of last week & this weekend, we added descriptions to some 50+ products in square. Most of them did not update in square online. Making a small edit to the descriptions in square, saving, removing the edit, saving again... triggers a sync that pushed the description back out.

However, today we're facing a bigger issue. I was trying to get some new products finalized on the online store. The first item I was working with was only showing 1 of the 2 variations. I tried making edits to the variation to trigger a sync (name, price, sku), but it's not updating.

I then went to make edits on another new product, and that item simple does not exist in square online at all. Im happy to provide square item ids and variation ids from the API if helpful.

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Thanks for posting again, @GardenSeventeen

Are you doing all your item editing from within the Square Dashboard? Usually sync issues are temporary and just delays, and not a full failure to sync something over. I'm wonder if you do your item management for online store items from within the online store dashboard if that will work better for you.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Sorry, thought we had worked out this issue with chat support for square online. This is slowly growing into a bigger issue.

@AdamB to answer your question, adding, modifying, and inventory adjustments are all done in the square dashboard as access to online store requires giving employees access to everything.

Here is the current set of issues.

New products do not show on the online store unless we click the toggle the "Online Checkout" button to On. This might be the expected behavior but not what we were used to a month ago. Buyers were adding new products and they were quickly showing for me in the online store.

New products that DO show up in the online store do not reflect the proper inventory. I have to click on each item variation (in square online), turn off tracking, save, and then turn tracking back on save. That then reflects the proper inventory in the online store.

Two new seemingly related problems have cropped up. When our buyers are adding new items and variations into square (standard, not online), they are not able to save any new variations if they have low stock alerts turn on and set to any other number than 0.

Today, we also noticed some of our registers (square for retail on square hardware) are not scanning some of our newer products. When we do an item search for them the root "item" shows, but all of the variations info is missing. Multiple restarts of these registers and the products are still not showing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @GardenSeventeen,

It may be best to reach out to our direct CS team who can look into and help further with these specific issues you're experiencing.

We can't look into your setup here from the Community or file tickets if need be so they'll be your best point of contact. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4