x

Item Unavailable in Checkout Link

I'm having an issue creating online links. I'm creating new items for a new location so I can send check out links out to customers. I've added inventory and ensured that it's marked 'hidden' in my online store but when I copy / paste the check out link from the item it's saying the item is unavailable. Please help.square issue.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey👋@vkotris1.

Welcome to our Seller Community! When it comes to checkout links there a couple of things that may need to be configured. My best suggestion is to contact our Customer Success Team for a faster experience in troubleshooting your checkout links. 

In the meantime, can you please try turning on all locations for your item even if it's not sold there? This has worked for other sellers that have experienced a similar issue. 

Hope this helps!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

I have tried clearing the cache and turning off the feature that makes the item unavailable. I do not know why over the years, placing an item online through Square has become cumbersome. Before, I could just add an item through one portal. Now it seems like I have to go through more channels to find that items are now being automatically turned to unavailable status?!

I hope Square can streamline this a lot better, because it is causing all sorts of sells for our company. It is making us look very unprofessional. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are having a difficult time with your Online Checkout links, @Sabree. Is there a particular item that is showing unavailable with a checkout link? Or, are you saying that you try to create a link, but have to check additional settings before it will become available? 

Message 4 of 5

It has been almost a month since my customers have brought this to my attention. Every item on our website is marked unavailable when it should not be the case. We don't know what is going on and we haven't done anything to these items that would make it so.

Last week, I have sent a message to Square support about this. I received a reply 2 days later asking for the website to check. I have not received a response since.

Yesterday, I sent a response and I am still waiting on someone to fix this issue.

Due to the items still showing up as unavailable, it has completely caused our online sales for this month to cease. We can't even promote our website, because people can not buy the items. We were even doing a coupon sale, but no one can do anything. It is making us look very unprofessional and unsafe. Someone needs to fix this immediately. This makes no sense to us as to why these items are still showing unavailable after all this time!

Message 5 of 5