x
Beta Member

Item pictures keep changing on Square Online store!

Howdy community.  My online store starting glitching a couple weeks ago.  I will change the featured image on an item for sale & overnight, or sometimes within minutes, it will change itself to something else.  It's not even reverting to what it was, often changing to a picture that hasn't been used in months.  I will delete the incorrect picture and upload the correct photo...only for it to happen again and again.  This is only occurring on the items where I change the photo regularly.  Any tips?  I have sent in two support requests to Square & haven't heard anything back yet.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

HI, to understand, you are updating an existing item with a new photo.  All items across the internet are SEO.  The SEO needs to stay as initially processed to keep placement.  It seems your SEO is attempting to auto correct.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I’m not sure how that helps?

Message 3 of 6

HI, please excuse the attempt to help.  

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Hey Pintsize,

I had some odd ball issues with my site sometime back - not what you have been experiencing but, it was related to my item images.  We unpublished our site and then republished it, that seemed to resolve the issue (kind of rebooting your PC to fix a quark).   At least worth a try.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Hi, this issue has been raised with the Square team who are working on a fix which they hope to implement soon. We noticed the same issue, when we made a manual inventory adjustment on the POS it swapped the primary picture for the secondary on both the POS and online library. Automatic inventory adjustments do not affect the picture only manual stock adjustments.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 6 of 6