x

Loyalty: Are customers able to earn loyalty points by shopping in my Square Online site?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Loyalty Points

Hello,

Are customers able to earn loyalty points by shopping my online store?  Or only by physically swiping their card in person?

Thanks!

Erin

Message 1 of 85
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello! I would like to let everyone know that you can now use Square Loyalty with all Square Online purchases. This will allow your customers to enroll, redeem, and earn Loyalty points at your checkout page with their phone number.

A few things to keep in mind while you use this feature:

• You must ask for your customer’s phone number during checkout on Square Online. This is a default option that is set to “on.” If this option is off, you can turn it back on in your checkout settings.

• Your customers can redeem rewards during checkout. They can enroll for your Loyalty program, or view their earnings on the order confirmation page

• If you have multiple Square locations: Your Loyalty program is tied to your Online store location. If you have separate Online Stores (each tied to a different location) you must create a separate Loyalty program for each store. You can check if your current Loyalty subscription is tied to your online store location here.

Category-based rewards are not redeemable online at this time.

original-.png

You can find more information in our Overview of Square Loyalty, but feel free to ask any questions you have below as well. Thanks, everyone, for your time!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 56 of 85
84 REPLIES 84
Alumni

Hello @Kickin,

Hey there! Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome!

At this time, Weebly currently doesn't have an integration with Square's Loyalty system. We definitely see how it could benefit your business model, and our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 22 of 85
Beta Member

Does the loyalty program work for purchases made in the online store (i.e. pre-orders for pick-up)? I found an answer from several years ago that said it does not but I can't find a more recent answer.

Message 23 of 85
Square Community Moderator

Hey @larissa166!

I moved your post to an existing thread with the announcement that Square Loyalty is now live for the Online Store.

See @AshleyK 's best answer for more details. 🎉

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 24 of 85

@isabelle 

I'm also wondering the same thing. We have multiple retail locations and have built a large customer list including loyalty, and want to know if this information syncs with Square Online- both contact list and loyalty status.

Follow up question, is there a way for new customer on Square Online to participate in our loyalty program? Or is loyalty only available on Square POS app?

Message 25 of 85
Admin

Hey @TiffanyNR

🌟 Thanks for bringing this up!

Now, when a customer places an order using the Square Online Store and enters their email address, they should be added to the "Collected Emails" group in the Customer Directory. The two are synced. 

Additionally, as of very recently, Loyalty also syncs with the Square Online Store. When customers enter their phone number in the checkout it will recognize an existing Loyalty account or give them the option to enroll. I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 26 of 85

Hi,

We have square as our merchant processor on our website. I noticed square offers a loyalty program that has rewards. 

Would customers be able to use their rewards to buy our products?

If we are able to make that available to them, I'd really like to. 

It's a woocommerce site, on wordpress, with square as a plugin for our merchant processor. 

Message 27 of 85
Admin

Hey @JVS-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Only if you are using the Square Online Store will customers be able to use their loyalty points towards purchases. Sorry about that. 

You can learn more about it from @AshleyK's best answer. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 28 of 85

@isabelle 

Thanks for the reply! If what you are saying is that the contacts are synced via Customer Directory, I should see the contacts on the Square Online Store correct? I can only view my contacts on the online dashboard and when I look at the backend of the online store, under "All Contacts" I don't see any of my contacts.

Hooray to loyalty syncing. Since I don't see my contacts on Square Online, when a customer checks out, Square will still recognize their number? OR does it recognize their loyalty account only if their contacts are in my Square Online Store?

Message 29 of 85
Admin

Hey @TiffanyNR-

Thanks for your reply!

The information syncs over to the Square Customer Directory, but not to the Online Store/Weebly contacts section. Sorry about that. If you're looking for data or information on customers collected from Online Store purchases, please look in the Customer Directory or the loyalty section within the Online Dashboard, not within the Online Store section. 

Square Online Store recognizes loyalty phone numbers in the Square account through the sync. If the customers aren't already signed up for loyalty, there will be an option to do so at checkout. I hope that clears things up. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 30 of 85

@isabelle 

So if I'm understanding correctly, the information from Square Online does sync,  but to Square Customer Directory? This would mean that Online Store customer data collection is separate.

As for Loyalty, if Online Store does indeed recognize loyalty numbers, how do customers redeem their reward online? I see that customers are able to enter their phone number if they qualify for a star, but nowhere in the checkout process do I see an option to redeem a reward code.

Message 31 of 85
Super Seller Alumni

@TiffanyNR 

The option to Redeem a Reward comes up in the middle of the checkout flow, it's a pretty big line, and super easy to spot. I tried it myself, works really well!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 32 of 85

@pessosices 

The sections I see at the checkout page are:

Order Summary

Shipping Information

Shipping Method

Payment Information (options to + gift card and Coupon code)

Review & Submit Order (payment finalized)

I was thinking that if the customer was given a redemption code, they could enter it at the coupon code section? However, if the customer doesn't have the code, there should be an option to enter your loyalty phone number.

At the end of checkout, you then have the option to opt into loyalty or collect a star.

Let me know if I'm missing something! It might be right in front of my face and I'm going crazy.

Message 33 of 85
Super Seller Alumni

@TiffanyNR 

At the beginning of the checkout flow the customer starts with putting in their name, email, and phone number.

It's that phone number that is automatically recognized, if they have enough points for a reward - then when they put in their Payment info, a thing pops up saying they have enough points for a reward, and gives the option to Redeem it.

No redemption code needed.

If they do not have enough points for a reward, it does not show up to claim points until the end.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 34 of 85

@pessosices 

I think that's where there's a glitch then. I have tried several customers that have at least 1 reward available to redeem, entered associated email and phone number to their account. Unfortunately, no reward discount applies to their cart.

Message 35 of 85
Super Seller Alumni

@TiffanyNR @What’s your loyalty program like? Are your rewards category based, item based, or other? 

Are the items in their cart eligible for the reward?

The Online Store doesn’t work with Square Categories, so if your loyalty program or rewards are category based, then it won’t be eligible for applying rewards and it won’t pop up. 

I just did it again on mine, and it shows up at the top of the Payment Method step:

FB859CBB-6C00-4D37-8440-3D0BA46F2068.png

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 36 of 85

@pessosices 

Loyalty program is set up to earn a star with a minimum purchase requirement, not restricted to certain categories. All items are eligible since it's dollar amount-based.

I've attached a sample, you'll see that they are already registered and have a reward waiting for them (actually more than 1). All their information is entered, and you'll see in 2 of the screenshots that the cart still does not populate a discount. Also, don't see what is shown on your end regarding the ability to redeem a reward.

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 7.09.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 7.09.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 7.10.22 PM.png

Message 37 of 85
Super Seller Alumni

@TiffanyNR 
That’s your point earning requirements - what are your reward redeeming qualifications?

It says 15% off your next purchase - total purchase or off certain items or items in certain categories?

Also that account only shows 3 out of 10 stars so you don’t have a reward to redeem, so that section won’t show up in the checkout flow because you don’t have enough points to have any rewards available. 

It only goes by current stars/points, not lifetime. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 38 of 85

@pessosices 

After 10 stars, customers receive a % off their entire purchase.

The total star count is 13, 10= receives a reward, and pending 3 for the next reward. I attached another screenshot for an alternative view. Actually, it used to say 13 stars, and I just refreshed to send this and shows the attached photo.IMG_0527.jpg

Message 39 of 85
Super Seller Alumni

@TiffanyNR @Is that customer account currently checked in on a transaction & redeeming a reward on POS? Typically when it shows up like that with the coupon with expiration & less stars, it’s in the middle of redeeming a reward somewhere. So maybe that’s what’s going on so it doesn’t show up as enough points & not triggering the Redeem Reward on checkout flow?

Since it doesn’t currently say 13 stars, that could be why it’s not popping up. 

Also it says $35 minimum purchase to Earn points, is it the same minimum to redeem the reward?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 40 of 85
Super Seller Alumni

@TiffanyNR @It could also be that the first time the customer orders online using loyalty that the redeem reward shows up at the end after payment, and then any orders after that, it shows up before payment. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 41 of 85

@pessosices 

This customer is not any other devices so there’s no stars or rewards pending. As for stars, they have 1 reward ready for redemption- so that should initiate a pop-up. The 3 stars is for the next reward.

There’s no minimum requirement to redeem reward- applicable to entire purchase with no minimum dollar amount.

Message 42 of 85