x
Highlighted

Loyalty: Are customers able to earn loyalty points by shopping in my Square Online site?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Loyalty Points

Hello,

Are customers able to earn loyalty points by shopping my online store?  Or only by physically swiping their card in person?

Thanks!

Erin

Message 1 of 62
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Square Community Moderator

Re: Can we sync the square loyalty program to Weebly plese

Best Answer

Hello! I would like to let everyone know that you can now use Square Loyalty with all Square Online purchases. This will allow your customers to enroll, redeem, and earn Loyalty points at your checkout page with their phone number.

A few things to keep in mind while you use this feature:

• You must ask for your customer’s phone number during checkout on Square Online. This is a default option that is set to “on.” If this option is off, you can turn it back on in your checkout settings.

• Your customers can redeem rewards during checkout. They can enroll for your Loyalty program, or view their earnings on the order confirmation page

• If you have multiple Square locations: Your Loyalty program is tied to your Online store location. If you have separate Online Stores (each tied to a different location) you must create a separate Loyalty program for each store. You can check if your current Loyalty subscription is tied to your online store location here.

Category-based rewards are not redeemable online at this time.

original-.png

You can find more information in our Overview of Square Loyalty, but feel free to ask any questions you have below as well. Thanks, everyone, for your time!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 52 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: Loyalty Points

currently, it is only in person sales.

Message 2 of 62
Highlighted

Re: Loyalty Points

Thank you!

Message 3 of 62
Highlighted

Does the loyalty program work in the online store?

Does the loyalty program work for purchases made in the online store (i.e. pre-orders for pick-up)? I found an answer from several years ago that said it does not but I can't find a more recent answer.

Message 4 of 62
Highlighted

Re: Does the loyalty program work in the online store?

Hey @larissa166!

I moved your post to an existing thread with the announcement that Square Loyalty is now live for the Online Store.

See @AshleyK 's best answer for more details. 🎉

Ashley C
Message 5 of 62
Highlighted

Does Loyalty and Directory information sync with the Online Store?

@Isabelle_ 

I'm also wondering the same thing. We have multiple retail locations and have built a large customer list including loyalty, and want to know if this information syncs with Square Online- both contact list and loyalty status.

Follow up question, is there a way for new customer on Square Online to participate in our loyalty program? Or is loyalty only available on Square POS app?

Message 6 of 62
Highlighted

Re: Does Loyalty and Directory information sync with the Online Store?

Hey @TiffanyNR

🌟 Thanks for bringing this up!

Now, when a customer places an order using the Square Online Store and enters their email address, they should be added to the "Collected Emails" group in the Customer Directory. The two are synced. 

Additionally, as of very recently, Loyalty also syncs with the Square Online Store. When customers enter their phone number in the checkout it will recognize an existing Loyalty account or give them the option to enroll. I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

Isabelle
Message 7 of 62
Highlighted

Can my customers use their square rewards on our site on the shopping cart?

Hi,

We have square as our merchant processor on our website. I noticed square offers a loyalty program that has rewards. 

Would customers be able to use their rewards to buy our products?

If we are able to make that available to them, I'd really like to. 

It's a woocommerce site, on wordpress, with square as a plugin for our merchant processor. 

Message 8 of 62
Highlighted

Re: Can my customers use their square rewards on our site on the shopping cart?

Hey @JVS-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Only if you are using the Square Online Store will customers be able to use their loyalty points towards purchases. Sorry about that. 

You can learn more about it from @AshleyK's best answer. 

Isabelle
Message 9 of 62
Highlighted

Re: Does Loyalty and Directory information sync with the Online Store?

@Isabelle_ 

Thanks for the reply! If what you are saying is that the contacts are synced via Customer Directory, I should see the contacts on the Square Online Store correct? I can only view my contacts on the online dashboard and when I look at the backend of the online store, under "All Contacts" I don't see any of my contacts.

Hooray to loyalty syncing. Since I don't see my contacts on Square Online, when a customer checks out, Square will still recognize their number? OR does it recognize their loyalty account only if their contacts are in my Square Online Store?

Message 10 of 62