x

Mark delivery as shipped within the Square app error?

We have started to use the Weebly App for Local Delivery and Pickup from our Online Square Store.  It shows us a neat home page with Action items for pending orders. Unfortunately it isn't synced with the web online version.

On the App, When I try to action an order for delivery, with "Mark as in Progress" like the web version, that option does not exist on the app. The only thing that I can see is related to Shipping (create shipping label or mark as shipped).  

Pick Up is Fine on the app.

Local Delivery is not and its a big issue for us. We leave our store with ALL orders for the day at the same time. We use the "receive updates by text" option .

We want to go to the app, action it "mark as in progress", deliver the item. "Mark as complete". Start next delivery, action as "in progress" etc etc and on we go. Currently we can't do that. 

& as a workaround we can't and don't want to action all orders from the web in bulk before heading off on the first route. I would hate our customers to receive a message or email that their order is out for delivery but doesn't show up for another 2 or 3 hours later. 

If the app can be tweaked to include delivery (was it overlooked?), I can action each order as we start each route and our customers will have a better more reliable service. In turn hopefully buying more product, which ultimately helps both Square with fees and us. Help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @TheDonutGuy 🍩

Thanks for surfacing this issue. 

It sounds like you're one of the few folks using our app that is impacted by this issue. The verbiage of Mark as Shipped instead of In Progress for deliveries is a known bug/glitch/issue within the app that we're working to implement a fix for. The good news is, what you're seeing now is not how it's intended to look. 

We're so sorry for the confusion or inconvenience this has caused. I will make sure to post an update in this thread when I have one.  

Message 2 of 3
Admin

I checked in with our iOS team, and it looks like that while the app does not currently support delivery, they are working on a fix for this in particular. When we have more information we'll update you again. Thanks again for your patience, @TheDonuteGuy.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 3