x

My descriptions and photos have vanished

Hi, I'm a little frustrated as most of my descriptions have vanished. It may be that it has synced with the Square device when I uploaded the app onto a new device. Is that possible? If there is any way to reverse this it would be amazing as I have put a lot of time into the descriptions of my 100 or so products, including a legally required disclaimer on each product because Square doesn't handle businesses that don't have to pay GST.

I also have only one photo for the products, is that a new thing? I couldn't find any mention of this in the updates.

I will be a hard out if this isn't reversible.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

So after I panic, I check my published website and all the descriptions are still there! I will have a bit more of a look around and reply if I find out what has happened.

Message 2 of 5

So go to the Weebly website first, then the item library, which lists the items on the website! Panic over, rewriting all the descriptions and refinding the weblinks to review vids was going to completely wipe out my day! I'll get back to writing my newsletter email.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @bgantics,

Glad to hear you got things sorted!

If you've initially entered your item descriptions in the Square Online dashboard these won't sync back to the regular Square Dashboard, because we allow having a different description for online vs POS - eg online allows for links and you might want a different description for customer facing web pages vs staff facing POS screens.

If you want to add descriptions to POS you can do so via the Square Dashboard or also via the app itself - though you may not find this necessary ๐Ÿ‘ 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hi Seamus,

Thanks for the helpful info. I thought that I wasn't able to add descriptions to the POS but I wasn't fussed because customers never see that. Perhaps there may be cases where it is handy to have notes for staff, that's great to know.

Message 5 of 5