x
Beta Member

NEW! Square Online: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Feature Request: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

Is there any way to select different days and times for delivery separately from pickup? For instance I want customers to be able to arrange for pickup every day, but for delivery I only have someone on staff to do deliveries 2 days a week right now.

Message 1 of 102
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @barkshopbakery and others!

I've got another update on this feature. 

Pickup and Delivery hours have officially been separated:

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 3.15.14 PM.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 61 of 102
101 REPLIES 101

@Tom I make bar soap at home. My business is a new one. I was only going to sell at local craft shows, but they have all been cancelled. I don't want to ship. I don't want people picking up from my house (my only location) and am not allowed to anyway due to bylaws. Is there a way to only offer Delivery as the fulfillment option?

Message 22 of 102
Alumni

Hey @realrob - you're currently able to offer pickup without offering delivery, but it's not possible to offer delivery without pickup. I've moved your post over to this thread, where we have suggested a couple of workarounds to help smooth out your online ordering processes, in the meantime.

Our teams are aware of the interest in these features being made available separately, so stay stay subscribed to this thread to be notified when an update is posted here.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 102

+1 to this feature. In this time, a no-contact delivery is a preferred request from all of my customers and it is making it very stressful to allow the customer to have both options when I can't accommodate both I must email every customer to let them know not to pickup their order. Can you please fast track this feature in your roadmap. Thanks!

Message 24 of 102
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @cakelife. We agree - this is a needed feature, and can understand the timeliness of this request given the current needs from the pandemic. 

We are actively working towards bringing this to fruition. Thanks so much for your patience - we will continue to update this thread more as we have more info to share!

Joe
Message 25 of 102
Alumni

@lali at this time, both delivery and pickup options can not be enabled separately. Hopefully we can make the two settings independent from one another. 

I moved you to a thread where the convo about this is happening. We'll reach out when there's a new update. 

Justin
Message 26 of 102

@JustinC Is having the 2 settings separate from one another something that could happen sometime soon?

@pessosices Thanks for jumping in & helping!

Message 27 of 102
Alumni

@lali - I don't have insight into the Online Store's feature roadmap, so I'm afraid I don't have anything to share. However, I learned that this is a popular request and our Online Store team is aware. 

I wish I had a better answer for you, but I can assure you that you'll be the first to know if anything changes 🙂

Justin
Message 28 of 102
Beta Member

where is this thread at? I'd like to be added to be updated on when pick-up and delivery options could be separated per item... Thanks!

Message 29 of 102

Hi there, @fostercoffeeco! While I am not sure which thread you are referring to here, we can definitely update everyone on this thread when delivery options are available are able to be tailored by item! We've got you down. We typically vocalize these changes pretty heavily when they come down the pipeline.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Message 30 of 102

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to Sell Online and Allow for Pickup Orders]

Hello, can you tell me how to allow free local delivery but NOT pickup?  We can do contactless deliveries in our state but can not do anything from our physical store, including curbside pickups

Thank you,

Chris

Message 31 of 102
Alumni

Hi @PuzzleMeThis,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

At the moment, the ability to enable delivery without pickup is a feature request. We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. \\

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 32 of 102

I need the ability to offer DELIVERY only and no pick-up. At this time I have to use other website options. My locale does not allow the food products I am selling to be picked up, just delivered. This would be a huge win!

Message 33 of 102
Alumni

I agree @pixeltest - allowing delivery only would be a big win for us as it provides a more tailored configuration with the Online Store. We're looking into this. We'll be back for more updates as they come. 

Justin
Message 34 of 102
Super Seller Alumni

We have run into the same issue.  If you're talking about doing it through the online store, there is a work around that isn't ideal, but one we've been using, and haven't had any customer questions or complaints.  Instead of listing an item available for delivery or pickup, list it as shipping.  It will ask your customer for a shipping and billing address.  Nobody has questioned it since the middle of March when we started with our online store, and we've had over 200 orders.  If you'd like to look, check out our website.
http://acacatering.square.site

Message 35 of 102

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to DISABLE pick up but CONTINUE TO ALLOW FOR DELIVERY ONLY?

I've successfully turned on the Pick Up and Delivery option for a few of my locations, but there is one location that we want to set as DELIVERY only, but I can't disable pick up without disabling the delivery option in Location Settings. If not, anybody have a workaround?

Message 36 of 102

Hi @Devoova,

There is currently no way for you to do this, but the need definitely has been posted by a few different sellers. This is currently a feature request. I provided a potential workaround in the meantime on disabling pickup but enabling delivery in the linked thread. It's basically using shipping instead.

Message 37 of 102

I'm hopeful this change can happen -- and soon!

As it is now, it is creating more challenges for my mobile business, including:

- if customers do not pay 100% attention when placing their order & they don't click Change & then Delivery -- they are directed to pick up at my home, which they cannot. And as a workaround for this, which we have asked about -- there is no way to hide my home address

- if Delivery is not selected, no Delivery Fee is added to the bill and we lose out on that fee

We are using this platform b/c Square promoted it as a simple & easy way to sell products online. Don't get me wrong -- we Love Square. It has helped us greatly! Unfortunately, this part of the online ordering is not working for businesses who are mobile only.

What else can we do to help move this really important change along?

@Devoova @mattd @JustinC @pessosices 

Message 38 of 102

I'm wanting to deliver my baked goods, but I can't seem to disable pickup and still enable delivery. Can someone help me?

Message 39 of 102

Hi @cakelife,

I definitely understand where you are coming from. I wanted to link you to a very similar discussion on disabling pickup but enabling delivery by another baker from yesterday. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Edit: This is currently a feature request.

Message 40 of 102

Hi there again, @cakelife. As Matt mentioned above, this remains a Feature Request. We will vocalize heavily when this feature is made available to Sellers. Until then, keep sharing your good ideas! We love to see them.

Joe
Message 41 of 102

If you want to use delivery but not pickup, just use the shipping functionality.

Message 42 of 102