x
Beta Member

NEW! Square Online: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Feature Request: Separate Pickup & Delivery settings

Is there any way to select different days and times for delivery separately from pickup? For instance I want customers to be able to arrange for pickup every day, but for delivery I only have someone on staff to do deliveries 2 days a week right now.

Message 1 of 102
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @barkshopbakery and others!

I've got another update on this feature. 

Pickup and Delivery hours have officially been separated:

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 3.15.14 PM.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 61 of 102
101 REPLIES 101
Beta Member

Preach @GrandmaSweet !

@ashc Any update on this? It's been a month and I hate having to do a workaround for it. 

Message 64 of 102
Beta Member

@vickyaustin I haven't seen anything yet, very annoying 🙄

Message 65 of 102
Square Community Moderator

We are still waiting for news regarding this feature, @GrandmaSweet - we appreciate your continued patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 66 of 102
Beta Member

Would be even better if pickup and delivery were separated.

Message 67 of 102

Thank you! This is a step in the right direction however two things....

Under delivery settings you make selecting estimated delivery time required. This doesnt work for us. We have selected one day of the week for delivery. So I selected 1 day to 1 day. When you add an item to the cart, it shows that it will be delivered the day of the order? Same during checkout even though the only available delivery day is Wednesday.

Can you add a place for Delivery Instructions in the delivery settings as well?

It would really be nice if pickup and delivery were completely separate. And if they dont happen to enter their address right off the bat, there is not an obvious place to choose pickup or delivery anywhere else...other than the blue link that says change next to the default pickup estimated day and time.  

Jay Ross
Message 68 of 102

Thanks so much for this decoupling pickup and delivery hours - works great!

The only other thing farmers would need is the ability to define a pickup location that  is different from the business/farm address to accommodate preorders and pickup at a local farm market (right now I have my main business address in Square set to the address of a farmers market, not my farm address).

Even better would be the ability to specify >1 pickup location for those who would be bringing preorders to >1 farmers market or food hubs.

Message 69 of 102
Admin

Hey @gdec-

Thanks for your reply. We're still developing a way for customers to be able to select a pickup location from the Online Store (If you have multiple locations). We're tracking this feature request from here.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 70 of 102

This is a great option! We are a Butcher Shop and Italian Deli offering meat and deli items. Now offering delivery on Wed & Thus only. Pick-ups every day. This option was just what we needed. 

Now, we have to figure out how to separate 1 day or more Online Orders and Same-day sandwich orders. Also, if it is possible to mark Online Orders for more than 1 day out. We can only do 1 day at the moment.

Suggestions?

Message 71 of 102

Is there any update as to when the feature to schedule a future delivery will be available? We sell cookies and customers like to schedule to send a box to someone on a specific day, like a birthday, but currently all I can do is set prep time, but that varies person to person, they may not want the box delivered in 5 hours, or if I set it longer, they may want it delivered today and not in 2 days.  We currently can't use the delivery feature at all because of this.  

We have a workaround in our online store, you can "purchase" the Delivery option and enter an address, but we get an EXTREME amount of customer confusion because checkout and emails still tell them to Pick Up. We would LOOOOOVE a fix on this!

Message 72 of 102

Is there a possibility to have the delivery times that are available be chosen by the client.

For example, a client would like her order to be delivered on a certain day and time that works for her. She wants the ability to be able to set the date and time herself, instead of the store automatically telling her when her order will be delivered for her.

Is there a way to add this feature?

Message 73 of 102
Alumni

@batterandbowl @Chrysty

Scheduling delivery day and times is a feature that hasn't been implemented yet. Well come back to this thread when we learn more on future availability. Subscribe to this thread to stay in-the-know for updates. 

Justin
Message 74 of 102

Will there be a way that customers can select a different delivery date? Right now, when a customer selects delivery, it automatically selects the next available day and time, and the customer cannot change the date (like we are able to do with pickup). My customers preorder the pickup and deliveries and I need this feature. 

Also the feature to CHANGE the pickup date needs to be more intuitive. It's not really easy for the customer to change their pickup date. 

In the screen shot below where it says Pickup - Tomorrow after 11:30PM, there's the option to select change. This would be a great place to allow the customer to change their pickup date and time, but instead it just allows you to change your fulfillment. I know that they can do it on the checkout page, but after you fill in all of your info, or if the form autofills, it always skips over the section where you can change your pickup day. It's not intuitive for people. There needs to be an easier way.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 7.06.04 PM.png

Message 75 of 102

Hi! I noticed they are seperate, but my website still says I'm closed on days that don't offer pickup.  Is there a way to fix this?

Message 76 of 102

Hello there @NutriBae 

Have you checked your Location hours to confirm that they match your business hours? 

JJ
Message 77 of 102
Super Seller Alumni

Glad that it's separate, but ran into a snag today.  We have our online ordering set up for a specific time (Friday at 10am through Monday at 10am).  We then deliver the following Friday.  Our problem is that we still can't use the delivery option since ordering is open on the same day we deliver.  If a person placed an order on Friday, the system tells them that it will be delivered that day.  Would it be possible to select a specific delivery day?

Message 78 of 102

You’ll probably want to change the setting for “default prep time” - it can be changed to 5 business days, etc. That way, an order placed on a Friday will go out the following friday. It’s a separate function from the delivery hours.

Message 79 of 102

Separating delivery & pickup when creating items would really be helpful to small businesses especially during this time. Not all items are available for delivery some items are only able to be picked up. i.e. not all states allow the delivery of wine but they do allow wine to-go. 

Also, when marking items as complete it would be nice to mark items as delivered. Currently the only option is to mark items as shipped. Not all items need to be shipped. 

Message 80 of 102

Hey @CRC

I moved your post to a thread with more information on this feature. 

Check out the Product Update information about the separation of Delivery & Pick-up. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 81 of 102

Perhaps I'm confused about the exact function of separating the pickup and delivery days.  We only do deliveries Mondays and Fridays and are trying to push all notifications to one of those days.   Customers are still receiving notifications/emails that their order will be ready on days the we don't do deliveries (are not "checked" on the delivery day options).  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 82 of 102
Beta Member

Question: is there a way to make a product available for pickup but not delivery? Like ice cream--its not going to travel but it seems we don't have an option for pick up only...

Message 83 of 102
Beta Member

When starting a ticket, a card is swiped to grab the name. Can Square save that card information so the card can be returned to the customer and used for final check out with out having to add customer, add card, enter email address, enter zip code?  In a busy bar, this process takes too long.

Message 84 of 102