x

New Square Online photo format messed up every item in my store!

I viewed my website this morning and the photos all have scroll bars on the side.  I can't fix this at all.  My photos used to be full size and completely visible but now you have to scroll around to see the picture.  But, you can't even see all of the picture because of the sides are cut off.  

Support said this was done to improve mobile users and there is nothing I can do.  Will this be fixed or is this the way it will be now?  I will be thinking about going to another platform if all of my photos will look like this now.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi BerryPerfSales,

Was curious about your concern so I visited your site, yep there's a scroll bar on the right side of the photo.   Not seeing this on our site but, there may be reasons for this.  For example, we're using the free online shop version as we only display a limited number of items.  Also any item jpgs we upload are always 720 x 720.  After experimenting with various sizes, 720 x 720 worked best for us on the various devices we tested.  Sorry not an expert on this - but just guessing here as I looked at your items on an iPhone and an iPad - there's no scroll bars.   So it would seem that maybe reducing the photo size on your site could be something to try.

JK

Message 2 of 2