x
Beta Member

New items automatically showing available online

In anticipation of some new items arriving, I created them in my Square catalog but did not update the inventory. I didn’t realize it, but they automatically showed as “Available” in my online store and a customer ordered 2 of an item even though I hadn’t added my inventory yet (and I only have one of each). Is there a toggle to turn this off? Also, now that the inventory has arrived, when I enter it, will it remove her order from the inventory so my tracking is correct? How do I fix this, please and stop it from happening again?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I found it and I had toggled it incorrectly. If you go to the “online” portion and on the left side scroll all the way down to “shared settings” underneath for “fulfillment”. Maybe I have this because I have two websites. Either way scroll down to “item sync”. There is a toggle named “Mark newly imported items as unavailable online.” I had toggled that off thinking I wouldn’t need it. I just toggled it back on. Whew!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Unfortunately I believe that the default is to show new items as AVAILABLE.... I found one way around this. If you want to make a new item, duplicate an item which you have already marked "unavailable or invisible" and then edit that duplicate to create into new item. It will automatically take the properties of the original off-line item.

In order for inventory to track properly, you need to have the tracking toggle on. If she bought something before you had it listed, it should show as "-1 in stock"  ....if that is the case, if you select "Adjust Inventory > Stock Received" and add your inventory of "2" it will subtract her purchase, do the math and mark your inventory as "1" 

If you want to do the math yourself, you would choose "Adjust Inventory > Inventory Recount" and just put in the current number of items you have, minus her purchase.

Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you for your reply! My store didn’t start doing this until recently and I feel like I may have accidentally toggled something recently. Idk. 

It isn’t showing as -1 for those items, unfortunately. I’m wondering if these items will still show on my reports. I’ll probably have to just adjust it. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

I found it and I had toggled it incorrectly. If you go to the “online” portion and on the left side scroll all the way down to “shared settings” underneath for “fulfillment”. Maybe I have this because I have two websites. Either way scroll down to “item sync”. There is a toggle named “Mark newly imported items as unavailable online.” I had toggled that off thinking I wouldn’t need it. I just toggled it back on. Whew!

Message 4 of 4