x
Super Seller

No tax rate found for the region () Error

Hi! I did everything on the back end of my online site for taxes but this error is still showing up. I have NO idea how long it has been like this and it is totally unacceptable that I did not receive any sort of inquiry that this was happening on my site. I emailed into Square twice without any reply so hoping the community has some feedback - 

Error on product page when adding to cart:
No tax rate found for the region ()

This populated on even California where I am based. I have the tax rate set automatically so unclear why this is happening. 
UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bronze_Palms - Thanks for stopping by The Seller Community with this question.I'm happy to help.

I know how frustrating it can be to run into some trouble and not be able to get it promptly resolved.

If the tax information is input correctly in your shipping and fulfillment setting and that error is occurring this is likely related to a bug. Typically, when this happens out of the blue something on the back end is malfunctioning.

The fastest way to get this resolved is to call rather than email. I know how calling can take away from business but our engineers are eager to get this sorted for you.

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

This is happening to my customers WAY too often. I can never recreate the issue but at least a half dozen people have reached out to me in the past few months with this error code, which means I’ve likely lost at least a hundred sales. WHY is this happening. A phone call will do nothing at all if engineers can’t recreate it but clearly I am not the only one with this issue. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @collinsandcoupe,

We are sorry you are experiencing this issue as well. We know this is frustrating but the best way to get this resolved is to reach out to Square Online Support, we need to have them take a look at your specific account and if more than one person is having this issue they can certainly pass this along to ou engineers. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. Thank you for working with us to get this resolved. 

Message 4 of 4