x
Beta Member

Online Stock Not Updating

We're experiencing an issue where some online items stock levels are not being updated on the front end but are on the back and POS. Nothing has changed, we just keep receiving errors. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sherwb, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. 

What is the error message you are receiving? There are a few ways to troubleshoot the item sync feature in Square Online to make sure information between Square Item Library and Square Online stays updated and consistent.

When you are updating stock levels, are you doing it from your Square Dashboard or from the Square Point of Sale app? If it's the app I'd first make sure you are running the latest version of the Square App (5.87) and the latest software version of your tablet. 

You can trigger a re-sync of individual item sync settings with these steps:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Items > Item Sync or Shared Settings > Item Sync.
  2. Toggle off the โ€˜Sync settingsโ€™ option that needs troubleshooting and toggle it back on.

Sometimes when we experience a sync delay, editing the item in the Square dashboard (I usually just change the title, save it & then edit it back later) item library can trigger a re-sync of that item. Other times the item itself just needs more time to complete its sync.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @sherwb, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. 

What is the error message you are receiving? There are a few ways to troubleshoot the item sync feature in Square Online to make sure information between Square Item Library and Square Online stays updated and consistent.

When you are updating stock levels, are you doing it from your Square Dashboard or from the Square Point of Sale app? If it's the app I'd first make sure you are running the latest version of the Square App (5.87) and the latest software version of your tablet. 

You can trigger a re-sync of individual item sync settings with these steps:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Items > Item Sync or Shared Settings > Item Sync.
  2. Toggle off the โ€˜Sync settingsโ€™ option that needs troubleshooting and toggle it back on.

Sometimes when we experience a sync delay, editing the item in the Square dashboard (I usually just change the title, save it & then edit it back later) item library can trigger a re-sync of that item. Other times the item itself just needs more time to complete its sync.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 2 of 2