x

Online Store Error for Donation and Membership Items

I'm setting up an online store with Donation and Membership Items, but they are not visible on the website and I receive this message: 

"This product cannot be sold online because it has no price. Please add a price to at least one variation in order to sell this item online."

The items do have prices listed for more than one variation. Can you tell me what the problem is? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @rafahsistercity-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I've seen this happen before where the price wasn't probably entered in the Items section of the Square Online Store dashboard. You'll notice here that as soon as I removed the price, the item is marked as unavailable:

Can you try going to Square Online Store > Items > Item Library and ensure that you click on all of your items, and they have stock, have a price, and are marked as visible? Memberships still need a quantity and price. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6

Hi, Isabelle -

And thanks for replying. Taking the Donation as a handy item type, these were my entries:

E0A395C9-0BE9-4218-A961-3E60B8F00160.png 

and

0B814EB6-8B14-418D-92A4-6ACE5E40E1C1.png

So you can see the Price is listed as "Custom Amount", although there are $10 to $100 options.

This item is working fine today without any error message, although it has no fixed price or quantity.

I see you have a membership item, with price and quantity. My membership item entries look like this:

29FF4CB8-AF8C-468C-B7B8-E1947C3C995A.png681ECD02-2F77-4C38-A422-296644B38290.png

and again seems to work without a quantity.

I can't explain why the errors just seemed to disappear, unless they were part of Square's bad day:

May 28, 2020

Unresolved incidents: Performance Issues: Payments, Online Store, and API services., Phone Support: Higher Than Expected Wait Times for North America.

Kevin

rafahsistercity

kevinewalsh@outlook.com

@isabelle wrote:

Hey @rafahsistercity-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

I've seen this happen before where the price wasn't probably entered in the Items section of the Square Online Store dashboard. You'll notice here that as soon as I removed the price, the item is marked as unavailable:

Can you try going to Square Online Store > Items > Item Library and ensure that you click on all of your items, and they have stock, have a price, and are marked as visible? Memberships still need a quantity and price. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks so much for your reply @rafahsistercity.

As happy as I am that this was resolved, I'm still confused as to how it occurred in the first place. I went ahead and passed this along to our Online Store Team so they could look into it. Please let me know if this occurs again. I appreciate your time! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 6

I keep getting this error message when I add new items for my online store, I have updated the stock and price in my square account, tried adding new items with no variations and still getting the same message, the message is: This product cannot be sold online because it has no price. Please add a price to at least one variation in order to sell this item online.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @Arussell26- Can you try going through the steps that my friend Isabelle_ posted here? And definitely let me know if it works for you or not.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 6