x

How can I apply multi-buy discount on my online store?

I am trying to entice my customers away from eBay and to buy direct from my website but I can't offer them the same or better discounts - I'm not sure if it's me not figuring it out or whether there isn't the options that I need. I need to be able to offer a % discount on certain items or a category but only if they purchase 3 or more of the items. Can anyone help? 

http://dellipops.square.site/

Message 1 of 54
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your patience while our Square Online team continue to work on new features. I'm excited to share that automatic discounts created on Square are now sync to the Square Online Site, which will allow you to create discounts like Buy 12 get 10% off, Buy One Get One Free, or time-based happy hour discount) 🎉 

When you create your discounts, you'll see the option to make it available on your Square Online site. One thing to note is that category-based discounts are currently not supported. To use this feature, you will need to select individual items in your automatic discount rules.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 13.41.55.png

You can read more about how to use this feature in our Support Centre.

Let me know if you have any question!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 54 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Admin

Hi @AMOrhard-Reid, thanks for reaching out! At the moment, we don't have quantity-based discount with Online Store. You can only set discount coupons so it will either applied to a specific item or if the order is over a certain amount.

A workaround would be to make separate bundle items e.g. "pack of 3" with the discounted price.

I'll make a note of this and pass it over to our Product team to consider for future releases as well. Let me know if the workaround helps!

Tra
Message 2 of 54

@tranguyen 

Thanks for the suggestion but it's for people to get the discount if they purchase 3 or more, not just 3 - I'd rather they bought 10 lol

Message 3 of 54
Admin

Completely understandable @AMOrhard-Reid, it'll definitely be a nifty feature! For the moment, you should be able to offer discount if people spend over a certain amount, so it might be a good incentive as well.

Tra
Message 4 of 54

Yes - I need this feature too. It would be helpful if you could make it the same as on the Square App - in my case if they buy 2 I give them a 3rd at half price - and apply the discount automatically so no code needed. Great for selling lower priced items. My use case is greetings cards - works on Square face to face, just need to do the same on the Online Store.

Many thanks

Simon

Message 5 of 54

I’d really like to see this functionality in Square.  It’s available in most other e-commerce store providers.

Message 6 of 54

I second that this should be a feature!! Please?!

Message 7 of 54

I would also like to do a deal like this. I am looking at doing a £2.50 each or any 3 for £6 on one type of item.

Message 8 of 54

I do this on our store & it confuses the hell out of the customer, I must get 2 phone calls a week asking how to buy 10 items & it loses sales as they add a bundle of 1 x10 into the basket rather than a bundle of 10 x1 which makes it sooooo much more expensive as some of the postage & packing fee is bundled into the bundle price.

It needs addressing ASAP!

Message 9 of 54
Beta Member

Hi,

I offer a special price / special offer when a particular set of items is purchased, like a starter bundle if you like.

So for example, if a customer buy the loom with 2 balls of wool and the pompom maker it's cheaper to buy together in the same transaction than if they were bought separately. 

I can't work out how to set it up so that the discount is automatically applied online when the customer adds the items to their basket. I thought I would set it up as a coupon, but I don't want the coupon to work if they have added only one of the items to their basket. 
Is there a workaround, or a feature that I can apply ? 

Message 10 of 54
Alumni

Although quantity based discounts are offered with Point of Sale, it hasn't crossed over to Online Store just yet, but we're tracking the need for this feature on this thread. 

@Forginthecraft

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 54
Beta Member

Hi @JustinC  this feature is a must and would be beneficial.

Ash

Message 12 of 54
Beta Member

Thanks for the insight. I have now put together the special price bundle as a product with the discounted price. However this is far from ideal for stock tracking. 

This discount or special offer is not just a quantity based either in my case. It's a discount that applies only when a specific combination of products is added to the basket. This feature is not available on POS either. I could offer quite a few other similar bundled products if it wasn't such a pain to set up. 

The other feature which would be useful: to be able to automatically add an item to the basket when a specific quantity of items, or a specific item is purchased. For example, I offer a free pattern when so many balls of wool are purchased in on transaction. At the moment I keep an eye on the orders and do it manually because orders are low. 

Message 13 of 54

I would find this useful.

I am looking at doing a buy one get one half price and while this can be done through the POS app it can't on my online store which is a right pain.

It would be good if you could synchronise features like this across all platforms instead of being able to do this in one or the other.

Message 14 of 54

Hi there! I am new to square and while I have been able to work my way through the dashboard and have a pretty good understanding of the features there is one thing I cannot figure out. I want to offer a coupon code on my site that allows people to get a reduced price if they buy 2 of something. For example, a product is $12 each but if they buy 2 it reduces to 2/$20. Is there any way to do this??

Message 15 of 54
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community! We don't have that as an option at the moment, @CraftsByNat, so I'm merging your post into a different thread about this. If we add this feature that will make it easier to notify you.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 16 of 54
Beta Member

I also want to be able to do this.

The only way I can see to do this would be to do it as a variation / modifier. 

Message 17 of 54
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @Thesweetiefairy! I still don't have an update for when this is available just yet but you can try the workaround suggest above of putting together the special price bundle as a separate product. However, you'll need to keep an eye on orders manually in order to track stocks correctly.

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 18 of 54
Beta Member

Yes please i really need this aswell this is a must for small businesses think square is forgetting it doe not only cater for restaurants!! all updates lately are about food places! and not online stores 

Message 19 of 54

I'd love the ability to add an item, with a drop down menu that allows for discounted pricing if buying in multiples that is synced with POS. At present I'm having to set up any multi-packs as totally seperate items (and as such, splitting the item inventory, sometimes editing several times a day) this limits the amount of multi-packs I can offer without doubling my entire stock, surely this should be something that's enabled within variations/modifiers?

Message 20 of 54

I’d like the ability to be able to apply multiple sets of variations, or for stock levels to be added to modifiers. I need to keep track of stocks for two or more different products within a gift set item listing. It seems I can only keep stock of one product, unless I keep track manually. 

Message 21 of 54