x

Online Tax Report Breakdown

I see where the tax report breaks down sales tax by county from a POS transaction, but it does not break it down from an online sales. It categorizes it all in one under the tax name: TAX. Therefore, I cannot determine the amount of county tax break down for my monthly required state reporting without manually going to each transaction and calculating each sale one by one. This is a very tedious process, please advise. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @amydlund1-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and identifying this limitation. 

At this time, Online Store purchases do not have the tax reporting you're looking for. We can see how this would be frustrating, so we have escalated this over to our Square Online Store team as a feature request. Thank you for your patience and time, and we will provide updates in this thread regarding the development of this feature as we receive them. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Was this ever resolved?? I do not see where this is an option in Square, even now. We recently switched to Square Online, but it is completely useless if we cannot break down sales tax paid for each rate. In Florida we pay a base tax rate of 6% plus an additional .5% to 2.5% based on county, but I cannot review every online order to determine how much tax is paid above the 6%. This will be a complete stop for our online business through Square if it cannot be resolved and we will revert to the previous solution.

Message 3 of 3