x

Online store with Scheduled Delivery and Delivery information at Checkout

Hi, I am currently trying to setup a online store for our gift shop. There is no option at checkout for customer to enter delivery information such as recipient's name, phone number and also a custom greeting message.  There is scheduled time for Pick up but not for Delivery at fulfillment window. As for scheduled delivery time after checkout, is there an option to remove the 'time' selection? as deliveries will be make through the day, it's difficult to have the delivery at a specific time.  And how to disable the auto generated delivery time at checkout?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

It sounds like you're going with in-house delivery @Clara1 - this page should help you make sure things are set up properly so that your customers will see the screen you say is not appearing right now. Have you ensured that the items you'd like to deliver are set to be available for delivery yet? Square Online Overview page > Items > Item Library > Select item to edit:

To enable scheduled deliveries, you'll start on your Square Online Overview page again > Settings > Pickup & Delivery > click Edit next to Order timing settings > ensure that both of the below options are toggled on:

In regards to your question about customizing the scheduled delivery settings further than what's currently adjustable - or disabling the automatically generated delivery time, these would be considered a feature requests.

I helped someone with a similar business model to yours, in that they wanted to offer deliveries at unspecified times. Maybe this thread will help shine a light on the limitations here, and the workaround I came up with may work for you as well!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2