x

Paper bag charge

Hi,

I have been trying to add a £0.25 paper bag charge to an order. All the articles I have read have said to go to account settings/business/service charge however there is no "service charge" anywhere to be seen in that section.

I have been able to add a service charge (either as a % or a fixed amount in the delivery section) which is fine but no where can I see how to add another line with a bag charge with a fixed amount. The closest I have come is in the tax settings but this only allows a % to be added.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi, @yaykenny 👋 thanks for your post! 

The only service charge functionality we have at the moment is the one you found that is part of Square for Restaurants. It only offers a percentage method. 

1. Click Settings > Devices.

2. Click Service settings > Service Charge.

3. Toggle on Allow Service Charge.

The only other method I can think of is creating an item and manually adding it to each sale. 

A £ amount service charge would be a feature request at the moment! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi, @yaykenny 👋 thanks for your post! 

The only service charge functionality we have at the moment is the one you found that is part of Square for Restaurants. It only offers a percentage method. 

1. Click Settings > Devices.

2. Click Service settings > Service Charge.

3. Toggle on Allow Service Charge.

The only other method I can think of is creating an item and manually adding it to each sale. 

A £ amount service charge would be a feature request at the moment! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2