x

Payment Via Cash on pick up for online site orders

Hi there, I have people who like to pay me in cash upon pick up for those that are local, is there a way to allow people to complete a checkout and select a cash payment option? not everyone has a credit card

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @diana28,

Thank you for reaching out on this thread.

Currently, incorporating the capability to accept cash payments on pick up for Square Online orders is not part of our roadmap for this year, and the likelihood of implementing it in the future is low. The Pickup order option is presently designed to exclusively process online payments through our secure portal. Introducing the option for customers to place an online order with the ability to pay in cash upon pickup would pose a higher level of risk to businesses. While there may be a case for introducing a payment-on-pickup feature for card payments, I want to provide realistic expectations regarding this option for cash payments.

If you still desire to offer this option, the workarounds shared in this thread would be your best course of action. However, I strongly advise exercising caution with any workaround to ensure that your business is not exposed to greater risks.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Made-With-A,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ‘‹

At this time, the only way to checkout via a Square Online website with a payment card. I can see how this feature would be useful if your customers prefer to pay cash. Can you let us know how you'd like to use this feature in your day to day?

I'll pass your feedback on to our eCommerce team for consideration as well. 

As a workaround, you could add a banner to your site letting customers know that they can call or email you to place an order, and pay in person. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 13

I sell a lot of one off items so I dont want them to email me to order as there is no guarantee that item will still be available and it defeats the purpose of having a website so I dont have to do manual payments.

It would be so people can collect pay cash on pick up, chances are they may use their card still. A lot of people like the option of being able to pay cash when they pick up, they simply select that option then pay me when they get them. every other website I have looked at has the option of an alternative payment (and weebly used to as well before they joined forces with you) 

Message 3 of 13

Thanks for sharing your use case @Made-With-A

Our product teams and engineers monitor our Seller Community for feedback and feature requests like this frequently. We'll be sure to notify you of any updates to payment types for Square Online here. 

Message 4 of 13

I was looking for the same option @Made-With-A  I thought of a work around for now, and that is to set up a 100% discount coupon, you can give it to the specific customer to use, then when they come to pick up they can pay via cash or via your square app. A little clunky but it works ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 5 of 13

Thank you for sharing this workaround @KelJopuka

Message 6 of 13

when you have 1 of a kind items this doesnt work as they then may miss out on what they are wanting to order. 

Message 7 of 13

It should still work because they are processing the order, they just get a 100% discount online and pay when they pick up. The stock would be allocated to their order. The only delay would be in them attaining the code, that would cause a delay for sure. The workaround may not work if there is a rush on the site with everyone vying for the same product in a rush. 
I too would love to see an option for 'pay on pick-up' ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

I also find this to be a feature that should be available. As you said, whats the point of having online ordering if you have to take a manual order via email or phone. Its a straight forward request.  Especially for take away food business' having this option would greatly help with a more streamlined ordering process.

Message 9 of 13

Thanks for adding your feedback to this feature request, @Backyardpizza! We'll notify you of any updates to this feature request in this thread. 

Message 10 of 13

for those of us that have restaurants and are doing take away while in lockdown, we ABSOLUTELY need a COD option.
can you please urgently include this feature

Message 11 of 13

It's now 2024 - is this still not available? It seems simple: place the order online, choose pickup and then the COD option for payment. ???

Message 12 of 13

Best Answer

Hi @diana28,

Thank you for reaching out on this thread.

Currently, incorporating the capability to accept cash payments on pick up for Square Online orders is not part of our roadmap for this year, and the likelihood of implementing it in the future is low. The Pickup order option is presently designed to exclusively process online payments through our secure portal. Introducing the option for customers to place an online order with the ability to pay in cash upon pickup would pose a higher level of risk to businesses. While there may be a case for introducing a payment-on-pickup feature for card payments, I want to provide realistic expectations regarding this option for cash payments.

If you still desire to offer this option, the workarounds shared in this thread would be your best course of action. However, I strongly advise exercising caution with any workaround to ensure that your business is not exposed to greater risks.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 13