x

Payments being declined through website - help?!

Hi,

My website - www.thestarfoodie.co.uk - is declining payments. I have launched a new product today (The Lockdown Lift 2) and have multiple emails from individuals saying they are getting a 'declined' error message, on Lockdown Lift and the eBook.

One sale has gone through, seemingly via PayPal, but payments using square seem to not work?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Becky 

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

without going through a complete sale it appears you have 1 item for £12 another for £0 and your LL2  - I've found that sometimes toggling off accept payments and / or unpublish site and republishing helps sort out little bugs.  

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hey @thestarfoodie, sorry to hear you are running into this! Aside from toggling the accept payments on and off like Twiggy suggestion, it's also worth checking that your account is fully setup and activated for taking card payments as well. You can find out more about activating your Square account here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 7

Hi. This still isn’t working. I’ve toggled on and off, and from everything I can see my account is fully set up. I occasionally  get payments through but have had 2

more emails today to say that payments haven’t gone through! I’m losing business because of this and would appreciate someone taking a proper look to resolve this issue ASAP. 

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Sorry to hear this @thestarfoodie! As you've checked everything, in this case, it'll be best to contact our Support team directly as there are additional settings they can check to make sure everything is working as expected.

Here are the steps to contact Square Support by phone or by email:

1. Go to https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/contact
  2. Select your topic or just click Other > I don’t see my issue, it’ll give you the option to either call or email in!

The phone number for Square Support is 0800 098 8008. The Square Support Team is available by phone Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Other useful resources include our Support Centre where you can find set up guides and troubleshooting tips, our Support and Resources website and of course you can also search the Seller Community - type your question in the search bar or click Start a new Thread to ask a question.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hi starFoodie - have you tried processing a payment to your self? I did this when setting up and t helped me figure out glitches. Costs you the square transaction fee, but just pick out your cheapest product and it doesnt amount to much.

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Hi Guys,

This is actually a big NO NO  - do not charge your own card. This could be deemed as fraud especially with AMEX - and it's good not to get blocked at the first hurdle.  Cards that offer physical reward points do not like self sales - even innocent £1 $1 sales.  Its called factoring - like you do a sale for £300 get the cash next day, boost your points account for some Molton Brown soap (300 points) or and then pay back your card in 30 days or more when the bill comes in.  ( I do think this is in the T&C's and universal globe law) I think you should call HO and see where you stand @tranguyen 

Message 7 of 7