x

Postage Weight calculations

Ok this may be something I am doing wrong, or a glitch, and will be a longish explanation. 

I am trying to set up my postage using weight calculations, however, something isn't working right. Some of my items are very light, like as in only a few grams, I have put them in as 0.001 for 1 gram and .06 for 60grms and then .2 for 200 grams. 

My shipping is set to 
0.006 kg to 0.35 kg - $4
0.35 kg to 5 kg - $9.15
0 kg to 0.006 kg - $1.5
Default Rate - $15

I trial by putting two items in my basket that should be the $4 postage and it is coming up to the $1.50 postage. I can't seem to get the $4 postage to work. No idea what I am doing wrong. 

My site is https://jopuka-store.square.site/

The lapel pins have a weight of 0.001
Totes are .1
T-shirts are .2 

So I should be able to put 2 totes or a t-shirt and tote in my cart and get the $4 postage, but I just can't seem to get it to do that. 

I will go through and reset all the weights and enter again if need be. 

Is it just me or is something going wrong ;-/ 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @KelJopuka,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble getting shipping rates working as intended!

I tested a couple of times (one with just a tee and one with a tee and tote) and was not able to replicate the issue, it worked fine in both scenarios:

One thing you might want to check is that you are setting each item to shipping rather than setting one to shipping and having the other default to pickup. Support may be able to help further here if you're still having trouble getting things going! 

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Hmm, that is strange it just wouldn't work right for me. I will clear my cache and start again, see if maybe changes I have made haven't yet updated in my browser. 

Thank you for checking it out. 🙂 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

No worries @KelJopuka - let me know how you go!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I'm having the same issue. I can't seem to get the shipping rate to be picked up correctly for an item. The weight for item has been set to fall between the parameters but it seems to want to add the standard shipping rate? Is I use the example as above, can you only have that singular shipping rate? Or can you also set one for orders over $100 are free?

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @thethrivinghive,

Sorry to hear you're running into issues with shipping!

You can set up multiple shipping rates, so if you're offering free shipping on orders over a certain amount, e.g $100, you could just create another rate. If you've already checked that your items fulfillment method is set to shipping, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team who'll be able to look into your shipping rate set up further. You can call support on 1800 760 137, from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST, or contact us via online chat or email here

Message 6 of 8

Thanks Arie, I ended up calling support and it still doesn’t really work as logic says it should. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

That doesn't sound good @thethrivinghive! Can you provide a bit more detail, or screenshots, on what doesn't seem to make sense? 

Message 8 of 8