x

Prices do not sync between IG and Facebook

I finally got my data (items) to sync between  the website and facebook shop so that I can quickly tag them in IG. I create my listing using add new item in the square online dashboard.  Using weebly direct or their is a nightmare and causes tons of issues (too many to list... not good ). I seem to have to go to my facebook shop and ask it to update the catalog selecting the square sync file for this to happen quickly. I am however still having trouble with the following:

I make single item jewelry  pieces and I put single items on sale on my website and when I do this it does not show in IG when the shopper clicks on the tags. They have to click "view on website" to see the sale price. I have been told my clients that shop through IG thatvwhen they see the original  price they don't recognize that "viewing on website" may result in a price change.

Also my facebook catalog and shop doesn't show the reduced price.

Lastly, I make many items that are one of a kind and there is only one available.  I can't seem to control quantity  when I create the items. I do not use square in general for inventory but I want my website to make the item unavailable when the single item is sold. This is easily done on etsy  where you list the numbers of  item available. 

If I want my sale prices to be represented accurately I have to go to my Facebook  catalog and manually update the prices to reflect the sale. This is very labor intensive.  

Although I  have used square successfully for my jewelry  business as a payment  platform and was excited to see that my square catalog would sync with Facebook and give me the option to give shop tags in IG, these other gaps are quite painful. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Creativemalas!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community and sharing a bit about your experience with Square and Facebook + Instagram.

Just so I understand the issue a bit better - you're having trouble with the accuracy and syncing between your item library with Square and your Facebook  and Instagram catalog? What happens when you adjust your inventory on the Square side? How quickly does it sync over to Facebook? How quickly does your Instagram inventory adjust? 

While we can try general troubleshooting from here, if you need assistance with Facebook Pixel for Facebook shopping through Square Online, please contact Facebook’s Support Team, or visit Facebook’s Business Center for more information on troubleshooting.

Let me know! 👀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2