x

Problems with Shop All page not loading

Hello guys,
There's problems on my end with the "Shop All" page on my website. It doesn't load. If I go to the "Gallery", then click on a random photo, that will take me to the "Shop All" page (which I have connected), which then loads. Anyone else having this difficulty with the "Shop All" page? Thanks in advance. 

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  "Re: New Square Online updates for March"

Jennifer Solis
Message 1 of 24
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

Mine loads but it takes a good 10-15 seconds. People expect it to happen in 1-2 seconds. They won’t wait because they think it’s not working. Square, please look into this issue.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

We recently launched speed improvements for our Square Online Sites. However, because of the nature of website builders, sites like Page Speed will still find optimization opportunities on our code. Please let us know if your site is still loading slowly.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Beta Member

Best Answer

Mine loads but it takes a good 10-15 seconds. People expect it to happen in 1-2 seconds. They won’t wait because they think it’s not working. Square, please look into this issue.

Message 2 of 24

Seems like Square fixed the Shop All page for online browsing; however, Now, there's a problem loading Shop All page in the edit room...I have a Weebly website. I am trying to load the "Shop All" page in edit room. I tried refreshing page - same problem. Help????

Jennifer Solis
Message 3 of 24

Hello @Wendycotton, 

Sorry to hear you continue to have issues with your Square Online site. Can you please confirm your website URL address? We'd be happy to look into this for you. 

I'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 24

hi Sayra, I'm having the same problem as Wendycotton. My "shop all" page takes 60secs to open on mobiles.

Jenny
Message 5 of 24

Hello @JMD64

Can you please confirm your website address so we can take a look. There are many factors why this issue can be occurring. Any website that has over 1000 items can slow down the site, if it’s below that it could still be slow but it also depends on the image files and the rest of the website. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 24

Hi Sayra, My web address.

https://ateliernostalgi.square.site/

Its loading ok on my computer and iPad. the problem is happening on my iPhone6

Thank you

Jenny
Message 7 of 24

Hello @sayra ~

Sorry this is late getting back to you! The URL is http://www.cottonmouthshirtsusa.com/ 

Sometimes the Shop All page works right away, sometimes it takes two to three minutes. 
In the interim it would be nice if there were a "loading" mechanism which would inform the viewer. 
Thanks in advance for any help on this issue. 😊

Jennifer Solis
Message 8 of 24

Hey @Wendycotton

Thanks for sending this over. I was not able to replicate the issue on my end. The shop all pages opened just fine for me on a MacBook Pro/ updated Google Chrome browser and an incognito browser. The site in general seems to be working as expected. 

Have you tried to use different internet services and browsers? At this time, we don’t have a banner or a "loading" mechanism that can automatically pop up should the loading issue occur for your customer. 

A workaround would be to manually create a pop-up or banner on the website with a disclaimer or blurb of your own. However, it won't be triggered by the specific action of the page taking too long to load.

If the issue persist, please give us a call directly for more hands on troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps.  

Sayra
Message 9 of 24

Hello @sayra ~

Thank you for your quick reply. As stated, sometimes the Shop All page loads immediately, other times it takes a few minutes. I don't know if you have the ability on your end to search for info. on this, but approx. 3 weeks ago, the same problem occurred and was discovered to be a "bug" by Square team support. See attached email sent to me. 
The issue was resolved in a few days, but is now popping up occasionally. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.bugbug

Jennifer Solis
Message 10 of 24

I’m pretty sure this issue has affect many online sellers. Including myself. Would love an update with some merit instead of the run around that I’ve gotten for the last 15 hours. 

Message 11 of 24

Several people are having the same exact issue when I talk to them at the vendor shows that I attend. Its definitely becoming a broader issue. 

Message 12 of 24

@sayra I'm having the same issue here on my shop all page as well. Very frustrating, people keep hitting the 'shop' button because it takes so long to load. I only have about 40 items on my page. As for the loading mechanism, I don't think @Wendycotton was talking about any kind of pop up or anything, she probably meant at the very least a progress bar at the bottom of the screen while waiting so it seems like something is happening. Once you hit 'shop' literally nothing happens for at least 45-90 seconds. It makes it seem like the site is just frozen. Every single site I've ever seen has a progress bar on mobile and on a desktop the favicon turns into an animated circle while pages are loading. 

My site is njaerialviews.com if you want to take a look.  I've tried it on 4 different computers and 3 different platforms for desktop and 6 different mobile phones of all types and it performed the same on all of them. 

Message 13 of 24

Hello @njaerialviews ~

Super nice website! Wow! Great aerial photography, LOVE the Red Tugboat USS Bloxom ~~!!!!
Yes, exactly what I mean regarding a "progress bar". Something to show, as you state, the website is doing something and not frozen. 😠
Btw, your "Shop" page loads quick. It's a problem that seems to come and go. 
Thanks for your input. 😊

No doubt they are working on it. 

Jennifer Solis
Message 14 of 24

Hello I’m trying to link my “shop all” on my website. I’m not sure why it stopped working but for some reason it won’t think if you could please help me out my website is www.aeosboutique.com

Then I’ll move on to another question lol I only have two questions, my category bars on the side left, it doesn’t have all my categories that you receive once you hit on “categories on my page” if you understand what I’m saying🤷🏽‍♀️. Help please

Message 15 of 24

Hello @Eyezonshe ~

I clicked on your website and everything seems to be working ok except the "Let's Go" button. It doesn't seems to lead anywhere no matter how long I wait. 
The "More" button leads me to your different categories which all seem to load fine after a minute or two. 
Hope this helps. 

Jennifer Solis
Message 16 of 24

This problem just keeps going on and on... My "shop all" page just freezes and doesn't open, or it takes almost 2 minutes to load. My customers are complaining and my traffic is almost nil. I was going to upgrade my account but as this problem hasn't been fixed by square, I'm now thinking of moving to another platform for my business.

Jenny
Message 17 of 24
Beta Member

My website is www.earthstonejewelry.com  My page speed performance is a 2.  https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.earthstonejewelry.com%2F All my customers are abandoning the site because it won't load in a reasonable time.  Please help.  

Message 18 of 24

Best Answer

We recently launched speed improvements for our Square Online Sites. However, because of the nature of website builders, sites like Page Speed will still find optimization opportunities on our code. Please let us know if your site is still loading slowly.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 19 of 24

@JJ_ 
Thanks so much! 😊
Yup, the Shop All page is loading very quick now, fantastic! Please pass along my thanks! 

Jennifer Solis
Message 20 of 24

My website is on square is  ateliernostalgi.square.site  and my shop all page just freezes and doesn't open, or it takes almost 3 minutes now to load. This is only happening on my iphone 6 mobile. Can you please help as its been happening for months now? Im in Australia if that helps. Thanks

Jenny
Message 21 of 24