We’re excited to announce a new option for businesses who prepare orders in batches instead of on a rolling basis.
We're currently looking for sellers to test this feature, and would love your help.
Batch Production/Cutoff Times will allow you to:
- Define an order cutoff time. For example, all orders placed before 10am can be fulfilled same day, and orders placed after that time will be automatically rolled over to the next day
- Define lead times. For example, with a 1 day lead time, the earliest an order placed today could be picked up would be tomorrow
- Show an all-day fulfillment window, instead of a specific time. For example, if my business hours are 9am-5pm daily, I can show my buyer that they can pick their items up today between 9am-5pm, instead of showing them that they need to pick it up at a specific time (e.g. 1:45pm)
Key limitations you should be aware of:
- These settings only apply to pickup and delivery orders
- For now, these settings only exist at the location level, not the item level.
- The lead time feature ('minimum days required') uses business days, not calendar days.
To get started with this Beta:
- Please Join the Beta Community Square Online testing group by clicking here
- Reply to this post with I'm in! We'll make sure that you are being accepted into the testing group as well, and you'll be able to see the post once you are accepted. (Please note with the holiday we may be a bit slow to respond before Monday)
- Schedule a time to speak with our Product Team for a quick walk through of the feature and how to get set up. The link to set up your time will be available one you are accepted into the group.
Questions? Feel free to reply below!
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Thanks - I've booked in - This is something I've been asking for for ages... It means we can streamline our deliveries - scheduled is great but it confuses people online. I booked it in at 8pm Friday 3pm Eastern... IS there a beta - super seller meeting this Friday at 7pm 2pm eastern?
So excited to see this detail being improved on! For companies like, mine, who offer pick ups only on weekends, will this option be offered?
I'm in to help test!
Thanks so much!
@Sweetluxe I would think this would be perfect for you! Instead of having to specify a prep time like you do now, you could say something like all orders placed by noon on Thursday are available for pickup on Saturday. The product manager for this one is very interested in understanding all the different use cases and making sure you understand the setup options. So as part of the beta, you'll have a 30 minute call with him to walk through the setup and answer any questions you may have.
I've added you to the list!